Chapter 9: Disappearing Dreams

a/n: me? Updating again? 😳

-

         In the end, they all managed to take him down, Stein being put down and tied up. "Todoroki-kun, I can drag him from here on." Iida reassured. Todoroki sent him a glance as he helped [name] walk. "Don't you realize your arms are messed up, too? You can help [name] walk while I pull him." Iida nodded and softly helped [name] wrap her arm around his neck.

      "Wait, are you sure? I don't want you helping me if your injured. I am not that important." [Name] says firmly, eyebrows furrowed. Iida sent her a small smile. "No, it is alright. I can help you." She blinked before smiling stubbornly. "Alright then."

        Izuku was on Native's back, due to the fact his legs were all messed up. "I want to apologize," Native started. "I'm supposed to be a pro hero, but I was useless back there." Izuku weakly spoke up. "No, I dont think just anyone could take the Hero Killer on with that weird quirk of his. It's too strong." Todoroki sent him a glance.

        "The four of us barely managed to take him down, if it wasn't for his mistakes. He was so deep into his desperate to kill, he had forgotten about both [name] and her clones, and he had forgotten about Midoriya's quick release time." They stopped outside the entrance to the alleyway.

      "Alright, lets get him to the police station."

     "Hey, what are you doing down here, boy?!" Izuku perked up at the familiar voice. "Ah! Gran Torino! Your he-!" He was cut off as he yelped when the old man's foot connected with his face. "I thought I told you to stay on the bullet train!"

      "Ground Tortilla?" [Name] muttered, making Izuku's head dart to her. "N- No! It- Its Gran Torino, [name]! Hes the hero im interning with!" Gran torino fumed at Izuku who pouted.

      Soon, more heros had come, and were shocked to see that they had taken the hero killer down. And so, they waited for the ambulance and the rest. Iida gritted his teeth before stubbornly walking stiffly up to the other two, [name] blinking in confusion.

      "Iida? Why are you-?" Iida said nothing as he handed her over to Todoroki who softly grasped her and helped her stand up again. "Guys," He bowed. "You are all hurt... because of me. " Tears swelled in Iidas eyes as he held back a sob. "I was just... so angry. I couldn't think or feel anything else." Izuku's eyes softened.

      "Im sorry too, Iida. You were going through so much, and i didnt realize that." [Name] smiled. "We're your friends, Iida. There's nothing to worry about." Tears streamed down his cheeks, making him sniffle and wipe his eyes.

     Todoroki blinked. "Hey, pull yourself together. Your the class rep." [Name] grew a soft tick mark, still holding her smile as she harshly nudged Shouto in his side. Shouto winced a bit and pouted towards her. "What?"

      Iida shook his head. "No, no. He's right." [name] gave him a worried look. "You sure?" Iida nodded again. "Yes. I am fine now."

      Before she could say anything else, [Name] had seen something come flying out the corner of her eye. "Hey! Get down!" The female pro hero shouted. "It's coming straight at us! It's trying to get away!" The flying nomu swooped down, talons ready to grab.

      [Name] went to go down, but instead, the nomu had grasped her tightly and took off with her in hand. "Oh no- [Name]!" They all shouted. A splatter of blood fell onto the pro hero's cheek. "Its bleeding! Its trying to escape!"

      "Dammit- Let go!" [Name] struggled in it's grip.

       Shockingly, Hero Killer's tongue darted to the Pro hero's cheeks, licking the blood off of it. This made the nomu suddenly stop, causing [name] and it to go swooping to the ground.

        "This world has no meaning of the word "hero" anymore!" The hero killer had managed to get out of the binds, rushing forward and jumping up. He slammed the knife into the brain, causing blood to splutter out and them to go crashing into the ground. [Name]'s leg made a crunch sound, causing her to cry out in pain.

        Soon, the smoke revealed the Hero Killer standing over both a crippled [name] and the now dead Nomu.

       "Everything that I do-" He ripped out his knife. "Is for the better change of the world." Everyone, especially [name], was staring at the Hero Killer in nothing but horror and fear.

       "Everyone! Be on guard! We've got a fight in our hands!"

      "Why are you all standing there?"

       Everyone looked over to see the one and only number two hero, Endeavor, raising a flamy eyebrow. "The villain must have flown this way  right?" Native turned to Endeavor. "You took care of the rest?" He nodded. "Mostly. Thing's got a little rough in the end." His eyes widened.

       "Is that...?" Hero Killer panted, before turning his head, still holding down [name], who was trying to get out of his hold. "Endeavor." Her Killer mumbled murderously. Endeavor smirked, lighting his fist on fire.

      "Hero Killer!"

     "Hold on, Todoroki!" Gran Torino called. "What is it?" Hero Killer got off of [name], allowing her to shakily crawl herself up, glaring up at Hero Killer in slight fear, but stopped when she froze in nothing but fear. The hero killer's mask had fallen off, making everyone frozen in fear.

      "YOU FAKE HERO!" He shouted sinisterly. He shakily stepped towards Endeavors way. "Im gonna make things right!" He huffed. "THERE IS ONLY ONE HERO WHO CAN KILL ME!" He huffed and grunted.

      By now, everyone was shaking to their knees from the amount of bloodlust he produced. The female prohero had fallen, shaking to her core. [Name] had whimpered softly, teeth chattering as she felt tears swell in her eyes. Never had she felt this much blood lust or fear.

        "AND THAT ONE TRUE HERO IS... ALL MIGHT!!!"

       The knife had dropped, and with that the hero killer had stopped, pupils finally gone. Everyone was knocked out of their trance, Shouto and Iida both loosing their footing and falling just like the other pro hero.

      [Name], on the other hand was still in the trance somewhat, hands and arms shaking to the core. She gulped as she shakily closed her eyes.

      Im not sure... if i can even be a hero anymore.