Chapter 12: Practical Exams, Part One

"Are you alright, [Name]-san?"

        Said female jumped at the sudden voice of her beloved best friend Todoroki, turning as she sheepishly nodded. "Ah, of course. I'm just a bit nervous, since today is the day of the practical."

         As much as Todoroki did not want to admit it, he couldn't help but admit that he was a bit angry the girl went to not only her ex, but the boy who admittedly hurt her feelings and cheated on her for help. He had found out the second day of him helping her with her quirk and was immediately bombarding her with questions, such as why him, why not go to him, and what made her want to suddenly do that.

        Of course, the girl simply waved him off and, in her words, needed the extra help and didn't want to bother him. This, of course, annoyed him to no end, but being the best friend he was, he just allowed her to do what she wished, even if it meant her going back to the one he hated the most.

          "Now then," Aizawa's voice cut them out of their conversation. "Let's begin with the last test. Remember, its impossible to fail this final. If you wanna go to camp, then don't try anything stupid." Jirou perked up. "Uh, why are all the teachers here?"

           "I expected many of you have gathered information and believe you have some idea of what you'll be facing today." Denki tossed his head back, excitement running off of his body in jolts of happiness. "We're fighting those big ol' metal robots!" Mina joined in, fist in the air as she exclaimed.

         "Fireworks! S'mores! Here we come, camp—!"

         "Actually, this years tests..." Principal Nezu popped up out of Aizawa's cloth. "...Will be completely different for various reasons!" Everyone was in shock. "Principal Nezu??" [Name] tilted her head. "Nezu-san?" She hummed. "You're changing things?!" Momo seemed distraught at this fact, making [Name] wonder what was so bad.

          "The tests now have a new focus," He was helped down by Thirteen. "There will be hero work, of course, but also teamwork and combat between actual people." He leaned in eerily. "So what does that mean to you?" He questioned. "That means you students will be working in pairs, and one of your opponents will be one of our esteemed UA teachers!"

              "We're... fighting the teachers?" Uraraka questioned, face full of worry. "Additionally, your partners and your opponents have already been chosen. They were determined by my discretion based on various fighting factors, including fighting, style, grades and interpersonal relationships."

           "First, Yaoyorozu and Todoroki are a team—" Momo jumped a bit as Aizawa grinned. "—Against me." He continued on. "Then we have Midoriya paired with Bakugo." The two gasped, Katsuki turning to look back at the said boy. "And their opponent is.." Suddenly, a figure came crashing down from the sky.

            "I AM HERE TO FIGHT!"

         Eyes wide, [Name] sent a wary glance at Bakugo, before catching herself and turning away. Wincing, she kept her gaze on the ground. "Now, lets announce the rest of the teams and their teachers!" Nezu called.

          Somehow, [Name] managed to pair up with Denki and Mina, the two sobbing as they held onto her. "Please help us win, [Last name]-san!" She smiled softly and patted their heads. "Okay, okay. I'll try my best." Nezu perked up. "To complete the exam, you'll have thirty minutes. In order to win, your objective is to put these handcuffs on your teacher, or you can win if one of you manages to escape," He turned to [Name].

         "As for your quirk, miss [Name], you yourself will have to escape, not one of your clones." She smiled as everyone took a peek at her. "I guess my first plan was already debunked." Denki looked down. "So, we've either got to run or capture the teacher. It's basically like the combat training." Mina raised a hand. "Yeah, but is it really okay to just jet?"

          "Yep!" He nodded. "It's gonna be much different than the combat training y'all went through earlier!" Present Mic grinned. "After all, you're up against people way better than you!" Kyouka deadpanned. ""Better"? Really?" She suddenly came to a realization. "Wait, aren't you just the announcer." Both [Name] and Koda tried to calm her down a bit.

       "HEY!! watch yo mouth, girl! Have some respect!" Mic snapped. "This time, your exam will be very similar to a real battle. As strange as it is, please think of us as actual villains." Thirteen mentioned. "Assumin' you come across your enemy." Snipe added. "If you think you can win against them," [Name] closed her eyes.

           "Then fight."

       "But," Aizawa's voice cut in, causing her eyes to open in confusion. "In instances where you're outmatched, then you should run away and find help." He scrolled his eyes across the students. "Todoroki, [Last name], Iida, Midoriya, im sure the four of you understand." She merely averted her eyes.

          Just as i was done thinking about that, too.

————

             "Sato and Kirishima have both been knocked out. Battle ended."

           [Name], along with everyone else, snapped their heads to the intercom, shocked to hear how fast and quick their battle was. "Even Kirishima, huh..?" She muttered. Soon enough, Tokoyami and Asui's battle had begun. And to cheer her friends on, she waved, heading out to the watching room.

        "Hm? Ochako-san, Midoriya-san." The two turned to see the female enter with her usual bright smile. "Ah! [Name]-chan! You hear to watch them, also?" She shook her head. "Im mainly here... to support them, but i guess you can say that." She stepped up beside Ochako, smiling up at her.

        "Are you nervous for your battle, Ochako-san?" Ochako grinned. "A little, yeah. Who knows what might happen." [Name] giggled. "Yeah." She turned to the screen, watching as Tsuyu used her tongue to grab onto Tokoyami and hoisted him up. Deku and Ochako cheered as [Name] smiled proudly.

        "That's the Tsuyu i know!"

—————

               "Team Tokoyami and Asui have passed the finals!"

            [Name] sniffled one last time as she wiped the last of her tears. It had saddened her greatly to see Asui and Tokoyami pushing their limits and almost giving up, but somehow they managed to pass through.

        And so on, Iida and Ojiro had also passed, [Name] hugging both of them tightly as a congrats. "Hey, isn't Todoroki's and Yaoyorozu's turn up next?" Midoriya questioned. "Seems so." [Name] watched as Todoroki and Yaomomo spoke, gripping her hands into fists.

          Good luck, Todoroki-san. Yaomomo-chan.

————-

This chapter was honestly rushed too, but hey! Heres an update!