Chapter Seven

1 month later

What the most painless way to go?

I could jump off a high building, but what if the fall doesn't kill me? I'll lay there with all my bones shattered, wallowing in pain. I could jump into a river and drown myself, but that seems like a slow and agonizing death. I could hang myself from a ceiling, hopefully, my weight could snap my neck, but I don't want my father finding me like that. I don't want my dad finding me in any of these scenarios, I just want to disappear.

I shouldn't even be having these thoughts, I never used to have them before. But these are the only thoughts that plague my mind ever since Vivienne propositioned me last month.

At first, their commands were small, childish even, testing the waters. Seeing how far I was willing to go. I was to do all their homework, all their projects, give them the correct answers on their tests. But then they became more demanding and risky over time. They made me sneak into the principal's office and steal his phone (luckily wasn't caught), or draw a penis with a permanent marker on the whiteboard. I got my first detention for that one.

At lunch I was cornered again and commanded to drink three glasses of something called Jack Daniel's, that one was credited to Tanner. Before that, I'd never even had a sip of beer before, I threw up everything by the third glass and tried to keep from passing out as their laughter bounced all around me, staring down at the mess they created. On a later day, they commanded me to stand on one of the cafeteria tables and pour milk all over myself in front of the entire student body, I also got another detention for that one.

The most recent... task they had me do was say in front of the camera that "I'm a cheap whore who doesn't charge for her... pussy", while they filmed it. I don't know what the point of that one was, further blackmail I imagine. Saying the words left a foreign sour taste in my mouth.

It was the most torturous month of my whole life. I've never had anxiety before now, not even at my old school, and I was bullied there too. But this school makes that one look like amateurs. Now my painful episodes have started again, and I get a panic attack at least once a day and in turn that triggers an asthma attack. I can never get a break. I am a clusterf*ck of nerves and paranoia, I wouldn't be surprised if my hair was falling out now. I feel as though I'm on the constant verge of a mental breakdown. I don't know how much more of this I can take. I really don't.

Even now poor dysfunctional lungs are exhausted and overworked from the stress of always trying to anticipate their next command.

------------------------------------------------------

Once I get off the school bus I don't go to my classroom or my locker, instead, I go to the parking lot where I know they're waiting. They told me a month ago that they owned me now, and own me they did.

Yesterday Keenan demanded I meet them in front of his car today. When I arrive I see that everyone is there, even Allen, Keenan's friend from anatomy that sat next to Tanner, and then I see him, in all his beauty, standing with his hands in his pockets and his back leaning against a very expensive muscle car. He wore a dark grey long sleeve shirt that clung to his every muscle and his mouth showed his shining white teeth as he laughed darkly at whatever Tanner was telling him.

I stopped several feet from them. I clutched the papers in my hand tightly to keep them from shaking. Simultaneously they all turn to look at me, Vivienne instantly frowns, Tanner has this shite eating grin, but worst of all was the terrifying gleam in Keenan's eye. The one that told me he had something planned and I should be very very very afraid.

"H-Here's your assignments for today," I said holding out their papers.

Savannah snatches them from my hand and then starts handing them out like a teacher to who they belong to. Everyone seems satisfied with their assignments as they look them over. I took that as my initiative to scramble out of there. I'm not even two feet away when I'm stopped by Keenan's harsh voice.