Chapter Twelve

Keenan's POV

I fucked up, I admit it, I fucked up.

I've had to do some major damage control these last few weeks. I've marked Britney in a state of aggravation and impulsiveness, and it came back to bite me in the ass, hard.

Of course, Britney openly paraded around her mark to everyone and it wasn't even a couple of minutes before Vivienne found out.

Second, was that people were now coming up to me and asking if Britney was my mate. What the hell do I say to that? Huh?

I just told them that I think she could be my mate but because she wasn't 17 yet there was no way of knowing for sure. That was it, that was my grand explanation.

Yeah, that excuse did not fly well with my parents.

As I tried to stop Vivienne and Britney from eating each other alive, I felt the presence of my mate watching from somewhere in the crowd.

"How could you do this to me, Britney!?!"

"You wouldn't understand! I love him! And he loves me! You're not his mate!"

"You're not either!"

Mate. My eyes instantly locked with hers. My mate.

Her eyes peered at me with mild surprise and they were bloodshot with purple bags under her them, I froze when I saw that her cheek was swollen and her right eye was completely shut.

I flinched, in my head, my wolf was thundering with anger, he wants to punish us.

She looks like she's been through hell and back. But what was more abundantly clear was the fat and very much alive bond chaining me to her, It didn't work, the bond was not broken. I failed.

Meaning I marked Britney for no fucking reason. Great.

Immediately my gaze shifted down to her neck where my mark would've been, a large gauze bandage covered the side of it.

Damn, I knew she'd feel it but I didn't think she'd suffer such a physical reaction because of it.

In that second I completely forgot about Vivian and Britney and I just felt...shame?

Nah, that's impossible.

In my brief moment of distraction, the sisters take that opportunity to swing at each other again.

Aw hell.

—————————————————————————————————-

The mark on Britney's neck didn't even last 24 hours, it only lasted five hours max. She begged me to mark her again and even promised to refuse her mate for me but I knew that Britney is just an average shewolf with an equally average will power. She wouldn't be strong enough to resist the pull of her mate despite what she's saying now.

When tension became too high, I had to stop a stupid amateur civil war from breaking out against the girls. Another brawl broke out between Vivienne and Britney's friends, but this time within the pack. Even old flames joined in and started attacking each other, all of them absolutely sure they were the next Luna.

Needless to stay my parents were not happy with me. They called me into my dad's office and basically ripped me a new asshole.

"What were you thinking Keenan Zachariah Hallin's?! I know you know that it's incredibly stupid and reckless to mark someone who you don't know is 100% your mate! We also know you've been sneaking around with Vivienne again after we specifically told you not to! Your behavior as of late is unacceptable young man! Unacceptable! Did you know that principal Anderson informed us that you've been harassing some human girl as well? This is not how a future alpha conducts himself!"