Chapter Ten

Keenan's POV

It's been an interesting couple of months, to say the least. I feel like my attempts to weaken the bond were pretty successful because right now my wolf hated my fucking guts.

I can't fuck other girls without having to mind-trick my wolf, I had to envision... her to even get it up. Before, I never had a problem with that aspect. Now I feel like a 90-year-old man with erectile dysfunction.

Now don't get me wrong, it was harder than I anticipated it would be, it went against everything inside me to just stand idle and let Vivienne humiliate and attack her. Her fear was so strong that day by the pool, that I could feel it through the weak bond. It's how I tracked her down there.

I only watched as my mate lay on the floor, she was wet, topless, and quaking with sobs, it was a challenge holding back my wolf's rage. But I had to remind myself that this is the very thing I have to inflict if I want to get rid of the bond.

But I made Vivienne delete all those pictures, I couldn't risk looking at them, I just didn't know what my wolf would do. Either become enraged or aroused by them, I don't know, so I had them deleted immediately. Not that I let the Vermin know that.

Then I fucking heard Tanner talking about how fantastic her breasts were and... that he couldn't wait to get her completely alone to... feel them again.

Before he could finish the rest of his sentence, I charged, like breaking a toothpick, I snapped both his hands in half and wouldn't let them go.

"You- you TOUCHED her!?" I didn't recognize my own voice, I knew that if I could see my own eyes, they would be pitch black, the eyes of my wolf. I kept churning his broken hands in mine, they'll heal fully in two days, didn't stop him from squealing like a little bitch though.

"Keenan man, it was just a joke, okay? I won't do it again," he begged, showing his neck in submission.

I let him go and quickly try to compose myself, they all stared at me warily.

I cleared my throat, "no one touches her. She's human, less than scum, any guy who attempts any fornication with her will be punished by me and deranked to Omega. Am I clear?"

"Yes alpha," they all said in unison.

I berated myself for acting so rashly just then, I almost gave myself away.

Then, I had to deal with that meddling bitch Jean too, but first, I had to get fucking wasted, maybe even high... or both.

So I went out and I partied, anything to take my mind off the incident, don't know what happened after that but I woke up to naked girls on either side of me.

The next day Angeline didn't show up to school after what happened in the pool room. Like the cowards' humans are, it didn't surprise me.

But then she didn't come the next day or the day after that. She didn't show for a whole damn week! I don't even know why I noticed.

At this point I was annoyed, the whole time my temper was on a short leash. I snapped at everything and everyone and I have no tolerance for anyone's bullshit. So much so, that everyone, including my friends, was walking on eggshells around me.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't know why I was acting like such a short circuit. It was because of her, because she wasn't here, because my wolf hasn't since seen his mate in days amd it was getting to him. He scarcely let me focus on anything else.

Not knowing where she was at, if she's all right, if... she'll come back, was killing my wolf with all this wondering.

And I hated it, I hated this stupid involuntary concern I had for her, for someone I don't even fucking know. So to distract myself, I made sure to fuck any girl willing, I needed the distraction.

Tame a Monster (Dark Romance Novel)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara