Chapter Thirteen

Keenan's POV

-

This morning my dad wanted to take me on another "business trip" but I convinced him not to, buy convincing my mom that I wanted to take my education seriously now and therefore, I needed to return to school. She was just happy to see that I was "caring" about my education, and thought I was finally becoming a responsible young man.

Yeah sure, mom.

Already, I can smell her overwhelming scent engulfing the entire school.

I didn't miss it. I don't.

Tanner, Alan, and Mark bound it their way over to me.

"Keenan! You're back! I thought you had pack business today?"

"I convinced my mom to let me go to school, has shit calm down here?"

Tanner chuckled nervously, "yeah, um, kind of?"

I gave him a blank stare.

"Okay no, it hasn't really."

"Of-fucking- course not."

——————————————————————————————————

It wasn't long before I realized something was off, she didn't show up to our first class together, which was Gym. She also didn't show up to the cafeteria, even though I could tell from her fresh lingering scent that, she was at school today.

I had to give it to her, she was a lot more clever, or at least more susceptible to the bond than I thought. Every time I tried to pinpoint her whereabouts, using the pull, she was already seated in her next class. And I couldn't very well just barged into her class without looking like a weirdo, or worse, giving away my secret.

When I couldn't find her at her lunch spot, I traced her sent, by the time I got an accurate location, she was already being driven out of the parking lot by Jean.

Fine, I'll give her this one hour.

So I waited...and I waited.

So many times I almost had her in my clutches, almost backed into a corner, and still, she evaded my grasp like a slippery rope.

Then I remembered we had a test in anatomy today.

There was no way she'd missed that, being the goody two-shoes that she was.

—————————————————————————————————

But she didn't show. The teacher didn't even call her name for attendance. What is she up to?

Mindlinking Alan, I asked him if Angeline's been in class. Allen shifted uncomfortably in his seat but finally answered.

Nah, she hasn't been in this class for weeks now.

Alan has always been one of my closest friends, but he was never really involved or concerned with the demise of my mate, unlike Tanner and Vivienne. In fact, he was always uneasy and preferred to just observe from a distance.

That's weak.

If he plans to be my future gamma, then he has to have the stomach for these things. With 20 minutes left in class I got up and left, Mrs. Blank didn't stop me, she wouldn't dare.

I followed the pull of the bond and it led me to a part of the school I honestly didn't know existed. I stop abruptly in my tracks when I hear the sound of the most beautiful voice I've ever heard in my entire life.