Please don't leave me

That night Oscar had a hard time falling asleep. He could not stop thinking about what Ruby was saying about her family and how they tried to kill her. Oscar could not see why. Ruby is one of the most kindest and sweetest person he had ever met. There is also many times she can act like a child which Oscar found to be pretty cute. Like one time earlier that day when Ruby already ate 10 cookies and when she was going to eat more Aunt Emily wouldn't let her. Which made Ruby do a stubborn little kid pout that caused Oscar's heart to melt because she look so adorable.

          Later Oscar manage to sneak some more cookies when Aunt Emily was not looking. He found Ruby and gave her the cookies he got for her. Her eyes lit up and stuff her face with the cookies which made Oscar laugh.

 Her eyes lit up and stuff her face with the cookies which made Oscar laugh

         Ok, back to what's happening right now. Oscar just laid in bed starring up at the ceiling and not knowing what to do. After a while he started hearing a faint sound coming from the room next to him. It was coming from Ruby's room. Oscar quietly walked out of his room and down the hall making his way to Ruby's room. The closer he got to her room he started to make out the sound to be.... crying. Once Oscar made it to her room he knocked on the door and waited for a response. A couple of seconds later he heard a faint " Come in." and he quietly entered the room.

          When came into the room he looked over to the bed to see Ruby curled up in a ball crying silently. He walked over to her and sat on the edge of the bed. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to him and held her close. Ruby cried into Oscar's chest as he stroked her hair. " Shhh. It's ok. I'm here. You're safe." Oscar whispered to her. Oscar didn't have to ask her what's wrong. He already knew.

         They stayed like this for a while and Ruby stared to calm down

         They stayed like this for a while and Ruby stared to calm down. Oscar stared to slowly let Ruby go from the hug but Ruby tighten her grip on him.

          " P-please," Ruby's voice was shacking and can be barely heard. " don't leave me alone." she looked up at Oscar slightly as tears still continued to roll down her cheeks.

          Oscar looked down at her and gave her a soft smile. He nodded and tighten his hold on her and replied, " I won't."

          A while later Ruby began to drift off to sleep. Oscar smiled at her and slowly let her go and laid her down. " Sweet dreams, Ruby." Oscar whispered and gave her a small kiss on her forehead. He quietly left the room and hoped things will get better for the sweet girl he cares about.