Morning Surprise

The next morning Ruby slowly opened her eyes and was blinded by the morning sun. As she sat up and rubbed her eyes and looked around the room. Then she came to realized that she does not know where she is. She quickly got out of bed and started to look around the room. She saw a mirror on the wall and walked up to it. She stared at herself for a moment then she noticed the wolf ears on her head. Ruby was shocked for a moment then she sighed. " Right, I'm still like this." she looked away from the mirror. Then there was a knock on the door and Ruby turned around to see a boy in the doorway.

         ' Who the heck is this guy!? Did he kidnapped me!? What is he going to do to me!? Why is he so freaking adorable!?!?' a million questions went through Ruby's head.

         " Oh good! You're awake!" the boy exclaimed stepping into the room. Ruby stumbled back and reached behind her trying to find cresent rose but it was not there. " Don't worry! There is nothing to be afraid of. I am not here to hurt you, I-I only want to help." the boy pleaded as he raised up his hand.

" the boy pleaded as he raised up his hand

         Ruby stared at him for a moment. She didn't know why but she felt like she could trust him. " W-who are you and where am I?" Ruby asked. To the boy Ruby's voice sounded like an angel.

         " M-my name is Oscar and we are at my Aunt's farm. I found you passed out on the field." Oscar gestured to the window.

         Ruby looked out the window to see the fields covered in a blanket of snow. " Wow, it looks so pretty." Ruby said in awe.

         " So uhhhh.... What's your name?" Oscar asked while scratching the back of his neck.

         " Oh yeah, right." Ruby turned around to face Oscar, " Well um.... My name is Ruby."

         " That's a really nice name." Oscar complimented her.

         " Thanks." Ruby replied looking away.

         There was an awkward silence for a while before Oscar spoke up, " So uhhh....... do you want to get some breakfast?"

         Ruby looked at him and gave him a warm smile. " Yeah, I would really like that." Ruby said as she looked at the ground. " So uhh.... do you know where my weapon is at?" Ruby asked.

         " You are not planning to hurt us, right?" Oscar asked in concern while slowly backing away.

         " W-what!?! No of course not!! It's just...." Ruby sighed. " It's just really important to me and I fight grim. Soooo.... yeah. Also I feel safe with it with me." Ruby said looking away.

         " Oh, ok. I didn't realized it means a lot to you. And  WAIT you fight GRIM!?! So you're a huntress?" Oscar eyes widen as he stared at her in awe.

         " Wellll kind of. I'm a huntress in training.......... uhhhhh Oscar are you ok?" Ruby asked noticing that Oscar was starring at her.

         " Oh, y-yeah sorry. It's just I didn't aspect you to be a huntress, even if you're one in training." Oscar said looking away.

         " Are you implying that I look WEAK!?!" Ruby exclaimed in shock.

          "N-no I'm... I-it's just I-" Oscar was interrupted with Ruby giggling.

          " I'm just messing with ya." Ruby giggled.

          " heh, heh yeahhhhh.... I knew that." Oscar said awkwardly.

          " Haha yeah, sure." Ruby snickered. " Sooooooooooooo, what about breakfast?" Ruby asked.

          " Oh yeah, let's go do that." Oscar said with a smile. Oscar started out the door and Ruby followed him to the glorious food.