Always And Forever

Dylan's POV

After my talk with Evan, I continued to wait outside Della's room as he went in to talk to her and her family. About fifteen minutes later, Evan walked out. He sent me a smile before walking down the hallway.

I didn't expect the door to open again, but it did. I looked over my shoulder to see Della's family walking out of her room, all of them seemed happy. They started to head out of the center, but her mom stopped.

She turned around and sent me a smile that instantly reminded me of Della's. "You can go on in," she said sweetly. "Della was asking about you."

"Thank you, Mrs. Palmer." I sent her a smile as I stood up. I ignored the knowing looks from Della's parents and the warning looks from her brothers as I nervously wiped my hands on my jeans. I took a deep breath before knocking on her door.

"Come in," I heard softly from inside. I took another deep breath before opening the door. The minute I did, my eyes instantly fell on Della laying in the hospital bed. My eyes watered as I walked in, quickly shut the door, and went right to her side.

She smiled as I pulled her into a hug. I sat on the edge of her bed with her still in my arms as I tried not to wrap my arms too tightly around her. I heard her giggle as I buried my face in her hair.

"I was so worried," I whispered. She sighed as she reached up and soothingly ran her fingers through my hair.

"I'm okay," she whispered to reassure me. I pulled out of the hug, reached up to grab her face, and roughly pressed my lips to her's.

The second my lips touched hers, I let out a sigh of relief. Our lips immediately started moving in sync as we held onto each other. I pulled out of the kiss and pressed my forehead to hers when we both needed to breathe.

"Dylan," she laughed. "I told you I was fine."

"I know," I sighed, leaning back. I let go of her face and grabbed her hands, studying them. I looked up when I heard her sigh. She scooted over with a smile on her face, signaling for me to lay down next to her. I did and instantly wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into my chest.

"I'm sorry I scared you," she whispered as I rubbed circles on her back. I pulled out of the hug and smiled at her.

"What?" She asked, a small giggle escaping her lips as her cheeks turned bright red.

"I umm. . . I wanted to tell you something, but. . ."

"But what?"

"I'm not sure if. . . Or how. . . I love you," I blurted out. She smiled as she cupped my cheek and pulled me down to her. The kiss was short but said just as much.

"I love you too," she whispered as she pulled away.

"Della," I said, sitting up so I could turn and look at her. "I need to. . . I want to. . ." I stuttered, unable to decide how I wanted to start this conversation. "Look, there are some things. . ."

"Dylan," she smiled as she gently cut off my rambling. "Whatever it is, just say it."

"I'm scared," I finally got out. She tilted her head, not hiding her confusion. "I'm scared of losing you, Della. I am terrified that, sooner or later, you're going to wake up and realize you could do better than me and. . . And leave. Della, I wouldn't be okay if you left me. I wouldn't be okay because you. . . You've done so much for me. You made me a better person, long before I fell in love with you. Before I met you, I got sucked into Hollywood and the fame. I became selfish and a dick. But meeting you and finding out that my stupid accident was your accident that almost ruined your life, snapped me out of it. When I found the articles about our different accidents and connected them. . . I had never felt so sick in my life. In that moment, I was disgusted with myself. My stupid, dumbass actions caused a beautiful innocent girl to lose her voice."

My voice broke as my eyes drifted down to her scars. Della must have seen what I was looking at because she used her finger to lift my chin so I was looking at her eyes.

"You have no idea what you've done for me, Adeline." I continued as she reached up and caught a tear with her thumb. "You didn't just wake me up and snap me out of my stupid Hollywood's Badboy facade. You gave me a purpose, a real purpose Della, and I can't lose that. I can't lose you. Being with you reminds me of before I was an actor. You remind me of who I used to be and who I still can be."

I reached down and took both of her hands in mine. "I know that when we met, I was an asshole. I was terrible to you, but that guy is gone. I swear. I promise, Della, that I will always be here for you. Whenever you need me. I love you, Adeline."

"I love you too, Dylan." She smiled at me as her tears finally fell down her cheeks. I leaned forward and pressed my lips to hers. I felt her giggle into the kiss.

As our lips started moving in sync, I leaned up and hovered over her. I felt her reach up, sliding her hands up my chest before wrapping her arms around my neck.

"About your fears," she said, pulling out of the kiss breathing heavily. "I am never going to leave you, Dylan. I promise you can't get rid of me that easily. And the whole 'me waking up and realizing I could do better' thing? Dylan," she laughed as she cupped my cheeks in her hands. "That will never happen because there is no one better for me than you. You weren't the only one who changed through all this. When you kept forcing yourself into my life, you helped me. You convinced me that I didn't have to shut people out anymore. Because of you, I have never felt this much like my old self. Thank you."

She giggled when I leaned down and pressed my lips to hers. I pulled her closer to me as our kiss deepened.

"I promise," I gasped out of the kiss. "I will never leave you or hurt you or let anything happen to you. I love you, Della. With everything I have. I will always love you. Always and forever."

"I believe you," she smiled. "And I promise I'm not going anywhere. Believe me. I wouldn't have let you in if I didn't want to be with you. I love you too, Dylan."