A Year Later

Della's POV

It's been a year since I left the center. I went back to living at home, mostly for my brothers. They've loved having me home. Every night we have our movie nights, game nights, and sleepovers.

When we were younger, we used to get out our camping gear and put up a tent in our living room and roast marshmallows in our oven. Since I came home, the boys have been camping out on my bedroom floor.

Because of the accident, I wasn't able to go to school. And with the complications I had and continue to have, my parents weren't comfortable sending me away. Instead, I went to college online, studying music education from UCLA.

Dylan and I are still together, stronger than ever. Besides a few weeks here and there when he is away filming, we spend every day together. In between his filming schedule and my school schedule, we find time to spend together.

And when we aren't spending time together, we were constantly talking on the phone or texting each other. The first time Dylan had to leave, it was pretty hard. It was a few weeks after I left the center. Before he left, we spent every day together and when he finally had to leave, I went to the airport and dropped him off.

The entire time he was gone, we were texting, Skyping, or calling each other almost every second of the day. I even met his friends and costars over Skype.

I was in my room, finishing some homework when my phone started ringing. "Hey, babe," I answered.

"I'm interrupting your homework, aren't I?" I heard him chuckle.

"How did you know?" I laughed as I took a break from my homework. I moved my textbooks before getting off my bed and sitting in the chair I had in my reading nook.

"You always have a weird, distracted tone in your voice when you're busy with homework."

"Sorry," I laughed. "I have a paper due Sunday and I wanted to get it done now before you got back from filming, that way we could spend the entire weekend together without the assignment nagging me the whole time."

"Well good," he chuckled. "Because. . ."

Before he could continue, I thought I heard a doorbell. "Where are you?" I laughed.

"Dylan!"

"Wait, was the Jason?"

"Hey, man! Della is in her room doing some big paper. I think it's one of her midterms."

"Okay," I sighed. "That was definitely Jack. Are you here?"

"You tell me."

I turned around to see Dylan leaning in my doorway against my doorframe with a smirk on his face and his phone pressed to his ear. I hung up my phone, tossing it onto my bed as I jogged over to him. He laughed as I jumped into his arms, him slightly spinning us around.

"How's that paper going?" He asked as he put me down.

"I'm just about done with it," I sighed. "I have one more round of editing and then it should be ready to be submitted."

"Sounds good."

"Sounds good?" I asked, tilting my head slightly.

"Yeah," he chuckled. "You finish your paper and then I will take you on a romantic date." He smirked as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulling me into his chest.

"A romantic date?" I asked in a teasing tone. "What's the occasion?"

"It's been a year since you left the center," Dylan explained. "And a romantic date is the perfect way to celebrate it."