CHAPTER TWO

Dumbledore stared at the necklace before taking it in his hand. He turned it over and read the words 'Ut Copio Me' before looking back at Jasmine, who was biting her nails nervously.

"You read these aloud and it brought you here?"

She nodded in confirmation while Dumbledore placed it carefully to the side.

"Well it seems the way forward is fairly simple."

Jasmines expression turned from worried to surprise, "It is?" She asked, feeling confused.

"Indeed. All we need to do is acquire a time turner that isn't damaged and send you back to your time."

"Great? How long will that take?"

"Five months."

Her jaw dropped in surprise and her hand fell from her mouth. "Five months?" She asked faintly, "Surely you could speed that up, professor?"

His eyes twinkled, "That is me 'speeding it up'. Until then you'll have to attend Hogwarts, did you come here in your time?"

Jas nodded numbly, "Uh, yeah. I was in Gryffindor with my brother."

"Excellent, name?"

She began to bite her lip nervously, she was going back to Hogwarts. In 1976. With her deceased parents. While Voldemort was alive. Never in a million years did Jasmine dream she would find herself in a situation like this, she thought she had left all the drama behind when they defeated the dark lord.

"Jasmine Potter."

A flicker of surprise crossed his face. "As in-?"

She nodded in response, "Yep. Lily and James's kid right here, the one and only. Well, I guess not really. I have twin."

She shrunk back into her chair, 'I have a twin' how on earth will Harry react when he finds out she's missing? Does he already know? Will he figure it out?

"Our head boy and girl are coming to collect you now."

''You mean my parents." She said, the headmaster nodded. "Of course we'll have to change your last name, do you have any suggestions?"

She frowned in thought, a image of a bushy haired muggleborn came to mind. "Granger."

A knock came from the door and Dumbledore waved whoever it was, in. The door pushed open to reveal a messy raven haired boy with hazel eyes and round glasses. Jasmine forced herself to look away as she couldn't help but notice how similar to Harry he looked.

"Sup professor?"

Jas bit back a grin while the headmaster smiled. Lily rolled her eyes beside him. "Really James? That's not very appropriate."

The boy raised his hands in mock surrender as the red head scolded him.

"I want you two to show Ms Granger here around. She's a transfer from Ilvemorny, who, unfortunately, had a bit of an apparating mishap."

She grinned sheepishly as both of her parents eyes fell on her. "Oh it's you, how's your cheek?"

She flushed in embarrassment, leave it to Dumbledore to come up with something like that. "Oh- yeah, fine. Sorry about earlier."

Lily smiled not unkindly while James admired her shamelessly. A thought struck Jasmine and after a small debate with the angel and devil on her shoulder- she spoke:

"Are you two dating? You make such a power couple." The red head blushed deeply as James beamed, and shot a grateful look to the transfer student.