CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

Autumn leaves, Jasmine always thought they were beautiful. Though, right then and there, at that moment, she hated them.

Because they reminded her of him.

Siruis.

She kept telling herself she had no right cry (even though she already had) because he had been dead for years, already.

And even if he was still alive, he wouldn't be the same man she fell in love with.

There wasn't a single thing she could do.

She couldn't travel back in time and bring him with her, because that would be changing the past.

So, like a normal person, she was just going to have to suck it up.

And so, like a normal person, she was by his grave side, willing the tears to disappear as she gently layed a bouquet of flowers down.

They were roses.

Red petals that drew hopeless romantics in, thorns hidden beneath that pushed them away. But, at the end of the day, they always smelled sweet.

Jasmine heard footsteps approach from behind, but she didn't bother to reach for her wand.

Her defences were down, and that's exactly what her attacker wanted.

***

Harry wasn't sure what to think.

He sat in Andromedas spare bedroom, the one Jas had been using. The bed was unmade, clothes lay about the room, and the curtains drawn.

He buried his face in his hands and allowed his fingers to run along his stubble, taking in a deep breath.

He stood from the yellow bed and walked over to the desk that was positioned opposite, there was a book open on it.

A photo album, in fact.

There was also one particular photo layed beside it, unmoving, but he saw the reason why fairly quickly.

Tears sprung to his eyes and his Adams apple began to bob. He shook his head and stumbled backwards.

He began to curse every diaty, person, object and thing he could think of. Mostly, himself.

Because, deep down, he blamed himself too.

He spun around and punched the wall out of anger. He and his sister had been cheated out of so much.

And during their time of healing, they hadn't been able to mentally help the other.

So why, Harry asked himself, why did he bite the bait? Why didn't he be the bigger person and be there for his sister?

He grabbed his wand and apparated out of there, ready to start searching for her.

***

"Remember me?"

Jasmine was frozen, her back pressed against the cool stone of Siruis' grave, an arm pressed against her neck and a wand in her face.

"Lestrange..." She choked, "Long time no murder attempt. Guess Azkaban isn't as secure as it used to be. Even riff raff can escape."

His pale and clammy lips curled up into a smirk, "I remember everything, you little half breed. I remember what Regulus told me, about you. I was just delivering a package when I thought I'd give his grave a spit." He jerked his head to Siruis' tomb stone. "But then I saw you."

"It's like losing a sickle and finding a galleon." Jas replied in a flat tone. "So, now what? Gonna torture me again?"

"Nah, I'm gonna kill you-"

"Be my guest."

"-But first, there's something I want to do." Rodulphus said.

He threw Jasmine aside, making her shreik. Her vision blurred as dirt flew into her brown eyes and she gagged.

Disappointed by her inability to handle such a mediocre thing, she attempted to stand. Lestrange had already thought this through, it seemed, and he shot a curse at her- rendering her well and truly stuck.

Her teeth gritted.

His smirk was the only thing she focused in before she saw him move his wand again-

-And point it as Siruis' grave.

"Well, dear in law of mine." He began, his chest moving rapidly. "I didn't have the honour of killing you, unfortunately. My wife did, but not me. And yes, I know it's not your body in this pile of dirt, but, you know what? Destroying the last stand of the almighty Siruis Black is good enough for me."

Jas was confused, 'was he going to destroy Siruis grave?'

But then what he had said registered.

"Don't you fucking dare!" She seethed, making the escapee grin. "Why? What do you get out of destroying a grave? Just leave it be!"

"I get reactions like that, half breed." Rodulphus taunted. "And don't attempt to give me orders, I'd never listen to the likes of pathetic filth such as yourself."

"Well, clearly you have before since you knew I love him." Jasmine said, trying desperately to stand.

"You love a blood traitor." He sneered with a shake of his head. "A dead, pathetic, old, blood traitor."

He lolled his head at her, "I'm doing you a favour, whore." His chest bagan to move at an alarming rate again and a wild look took over his eyes, "I'm doing the whole world a favour! The Black brothers, truly gone at last!"

"It isn't him you hate." Jasmine realised, thinking aloud. "It's Regulus. But- what'd he ever do to you?"

"Since you're going to die, I don't see a reason why I can't tell you." He muttered. "That little prat put me under the cruciatus curse before he died, nobody found me for a week."

"Good." She said with a smirk. "I knew there was a reason I liked him so much."

She had struck a cord.

He spun on his bare feet and glowered at her, "You think it's funny, do you!? You find it funny!? Well, you wanna know what I'm gonna find funny!?"

"Enlighten me."

"Avakadavra!"

***

Stiff.

That's how Harry found his twin sister moments later.

Lying stiff, staring at Siruis' grave.

No pulse.

No flicker of the eyes.

No colour left in the skin.

Just stiff.

Whoever had killed her was long gone.

And, for the first few moments, all Harry could think was-

I guess love doesn't conquer all.

***

A/N

Or, for an alternative ending, continue to the next chapter.

You didn't think I was gonna leave it there, did you?

This chapter was dedicated to I-need-help-people