When the past and present collide

***Warning!***
This chapter contains violence and attempted rape.
Anyone who may be triggered by these subjects, please proceed with caution.

The quiet tone from Hoseok's phone alarm woke him and he reached over quickly to silence it.
He wanted Y/N to sleep a little while longer, so he thought he'd get dressed and then wake her.
The sheets rustled softly as he tried to ease out of her arms.

As she felt him slipping away, a small whine escaped her lips. Her grip tightened around him as she continued to sleep. He laughed quietly and decided to lay with her instead of getting up.

Hoseok turned over in her arms to watch her sleep but was surprised to find that she didn't look peaceful as she normally did...she looked frightened!

Y/N began to talk in her sleep but her words were unintelligible and her body started to tremble in his arms.

His older sister, Da Won, used to suffer from what the doctor called "night terrors". Both he and his parents were strongly advised by not to wake her during these episodes, as that would only make it worse but just to observe to make sure that she didn't hurt herself. Hoseok has witnessed many of these episodes but this just didn't seem the same.

Hoseok tried to remain calm and see if it would pass but when she began to cry actual tears, he gasped!
He couldn't just watch her suffer like this...it was heart wrenching!

Her trembling voice broke through the veil of her dream.

"P-Please s-stop! L-Let me go! D-Don't do this!"

Hoseok called her name to try and wake her but she was too deep within her dream to hear him.

"Y/N??? It's okay! I've got you!"

He took hold of her shoulders to try and calm her but she only struggled against him more!

A familiar, faint voice swirled around in her head, she knew that the voice meant safety and she desperately tried to run towards it, but found that she couldn't move! Her heart began to pound and she found herself being pulled back into her nightmare...

***Flashback***

She and Y/D/N had been in the apartment next door having dinner with their neighbors, the Chens...Huan, Lin and their daughter Meilin. Y/D/N was staying for a sleepover that night.

After dinner, they chatted over coffee as the girls played UNO in the living room.
The Chens had been so supportive in the weeks after her, soon to be ex-husband, abandoned her and Y/D/N to start a new life with his mistress.

Y/N had him served with divorce papers earlier that day. She was also suing for full custody of their daughter, which her lawyer assured her she would get due to his infidelity.

It was getting late and she had an early morning meeting with a client, so she thanked her friends, said goodnight to Y/D/N, and went home.

Y/N opened the door to her apartment, walked into her living room and kicked off her shoes.
She began to unbutton her blouse as she headed towards her bedroom. She opened her bedroom door and was just about to remove her blouse entirely when she spotted movement out of the corner of her eye.

In a flash, an arm wrapped tightly around her waist and a hand quickly covered her mouth to prevent her from screaming. A gruff voice whispered in her ear...

???: "Did you miss me, babe?"

Y/N immediately recognized the voice and her eyes grew wide in terror!
She knew she needed to break free before it was too late! He relaxed his hold a little...this was her chance!