3. Wild Thoughts

Beau

Beau

There! She had done it. Mission accomplished. She had set her goal and followed through it. With flying colors. Several times.

Wincing at the soreness she felt in between her raw thighs, every muscle in her body protesting, she tiptoed out of the suite, carrying her Manolos.

It was six in the morning, the sun has not come out to kiss the horizon, yet she was sneaking out of a man's room like a burglar. Why couldn't she be like any normal girl? A rhetorical question.

She could have woken up beside the guy she had sex with the whole night and maybe enjoyed breakfast with him. She was escaping instead.

-You know why.-

-But the guy is just so yummy!-

-Then that is a hell of a reason to move your ass out there.-

-You are right.-

Shit! Why was she having a debate with her conscience? That, she knew the answer.

Beau was sparing herself from the humiliation she would surely feel when he kicked her out of his room. That was why. One-night stands had not changed their meaning. It was fuck. And go. No clingy goodbyes. No promises.

Plus, she had other more important reasons.

She grimaced. It was virtually impossible to get out of his arms. He fell on top of her after the umpteenth time of sex, both of them drained, unable to move. She had nearly fallen asleep, thanked God she didn't succumb to exhaustion. She realized it was dawn and she needed to hightail it before he woke up.

With a heavy heart and after gazing at his perfectly carved physique to store in her memories of those lonely nights, she donned her wrinkled dress, sans the underwear. She didn't even know where it was and she had resigned to go commando for the time being.

She leaned to kiss his cheek softly. Thanking him for the most wonderful evening of her life. He stirred a bit but didn't wake up. He hugged the pillow that has her scent on it. She smiled, wistful. Wishing she could stay. But no. She wouldn't. Life was already so much complicated as it was. She does not need to add him to the mix.

The elevator ride she took to bring her down to the first floor of the hotel made her jittery. Aching to go back to him. She sniffed. She wasn't even aware she was crying.

Her bare feet didn't make a sound on the sheening marble tiles in the elegant lobby. She must really look a sight with her disheveled hair, swollen lips, and state of dress. Blushing scarlet, trying to pat her hair to tame it. She must have had a fucked-all-night-look because the employees were staring at her in shock.

Exiting the five-star hotel, her heart grew heavier. She didn't know why but her feet were trying to drag her back inside. She can't. Knew well of the rules. One-night stand. No strings attached. Besides, men like him had girlfriends and mistresses in abundance. He may even be married.