20. No Timid Girl

Beau

She was definitely not enjoying the sight. She was not informed beforehand of the strippers' presence and this was supposed to be her bachelorette's party. She didn't approve, yet she also didn't want to disappoint Dinara. The girl was Godsend. Always cheering her up. And the taste of freedom was heady.

Not an ounce of regret was coursing through her. If ever there was, it was the thought of Dinara and Lizzie being punished because of her.

She would fight Dominic tooth and nail for that. Oh yes, she will. If only he would show up.

Except that she hadn't seen him since he dragged her, caveman style, and locked her inside her hotel room. That was fucking hours ago. Where did he go?

Surely, he wouldn't kill those entertainers. Right? Dominic may be dominant and arrogant but he was never a violent man.

He had never raised his voice. Not even once. And he was always indulgent and amused towards her. Always...loving?

Beau grimaced. He was not loving last night. All he did was shove her in the room and left without a word.

The sun had risen and she was dressed in her cut-off shorts and a Micky mouse black t-shirt ready to go home.

Home. Where was home? To her cottage of course. It was so fucking confusing how her heart rebelled at the idea of leaving Dominic but...

What does she really want? These past few days made her think. A lot. Her previous normal life was not that normal anymore. Her plans had ripples and undercurrents she had miscalculated.

Falling in love was not part of the plan she had. She could never take it back. It fucking felt like drowning and she doesn't appreciate it one bit.

Where the hell was Dominic? They need to talk. Why was it so quiet? Her ears were buzzing from the silence.

Last night was a disaster. She knew Dinara was just trying to cheer her up and now the girl was being punished within an inch of her life.

Beau frowned. Of course, they wouldn't hurt the Mafia princess. The most they could do was ground her for life or maybe transport her to the most isolated convent. She must talk to Dominic about that. It was her fault anyway.

And Lizzie. The doctor shouldn't be held accountable.

Several raps from her door made her jump from the bed. A few seconds later, the door opened and Tatiana, Dominic's mother, entered the room.

Beau respected the elegant woman standing a few meters away from her. Her classic beauty belied her true age. She looked more like Dinara's eldest sister. Her blue-violet eyes reflected kindness and honesty. And she betrayed her.

The young genius ducked her head, ashamed of her actions. "Tatiana," she murmured.

"Maman," Dominic's mother corrected softly.

"Um, maman...I'm sorry. It was all my fault." Admitting it to her gave Beau a sense of maturity.

Beau squeaked when Tatiana closed the distance between them and enfolded her in a warm embrace. She sighed. Adoring the woman. This was the closest she could get to motherly love. And she needed this.

"My dear, the only thing I was mad about from all of this is you and the girls didn't consult me. I could have arranged a far better and safer get-away plan for you."

"What?" Was she hearing this correctly?

Amused gaze met hers. Tatiana nodded. "I know my son is an idiot and you were trying to make a stand. I could have helped you. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm still mad because Dinara hired those gigolos. You girls could have gotten hurt."

That was also her point last night. Beau was worried those men would take advantage of Dinara's and Lizzie's tipsiness. She made it a point to stay sober and observe.

"I wanted to speak to Dominic today." She admitted reluctantly.

Tatiana patted her hand reassuringly. "Let's leave him to stew on his anger for now and talk instead. This is way overdue anyway. Come, let's take a seat."

They both occupied the coffee table and face each other. Still a bit conscious, Beau squirmed in her cushion chair.

"What do you what to talk about?" She asked.

"You and my son. I know you love him and he is also madly in love with you."

God! She didn't expect Tatiana to be so direct. "Maman," she paused. How could she deny it?

"This too happened to me before. Uncertainties, denials, and hesitations are all part of love. For me, I denied myself. I did all I can to evade the inevitable. Much good it did me. I was flat on my back in a few weeks and gave birth to Dominic nine months after." The elegant beauty smiled at the memories. "What I am trying to say is, I understand you, Beau. My son may be an idiot for not telling you how he feels but please give it a chance. Don't walk away and regret it after."

"I...he didn't even look at me last night." She answered. To be honest, it hurt. She was looking forward to their reunion.

"He was just jealous. Men do stupid things when in love." She giggled. Hearing that, Beau smiled for the first time since last night.

"So what do I do now? What will happen to Dinara and Lizzie?"

"With my daughter, I'm still trying to negotiate with my husband. As for Lizzie, I think she is quite occupied right now." She smirked, glee in her eyes.

"What do you mean, Maman?" She asked. Puzzled. What had happened to her friend?

"Let's just say my son is not the only idiot in the family."

***

They were back at the mansion and not a word from Dominic. All she knew was her lover was busy and kept himself locked in the library.

This wouldn't do. She needed answers. Her conversation with Tatiana made her think. Her mind wouldn't rest until everything was solved. It was either she married him or left him.

Tonight. No more stalling. During the car ride, she had Lizzie with her. The doctor was too quiet and kept to herself. What was odd was she was constantly blushing and there was a flitting smile on her lips. She asked about it and all she answered was she was happy. And also promised to tell her everything later. Later? Beau scoffed. Her friend was snoring softly after that. And Alec picked her up in his arms when they arrived home. So Beau had to climb the stairs to her bedroom all alone. She didn't even get a glimpse of Dinara. And her dinner was served to her on a tray in her bedroom.

She couldn't eat. Her nerves had prevented her from doing so. Now, almost midnight, she was hungry and craving berries and fresh cream.

Beau decided to stop by the kitchen before braving the lion's den. She smirked. Odd that she was becoming excited at the prospect of seeing Dominic. God! Her mood swings were terrible. She was never like this before her period.

She paused and reeled at the grand staircase, realizing something.

Shit! She swayed and she gripped on the banister tightened. Three more steps before she reached the landing. Too sure she won't make it, she sat on the carpeted step and took a deep breath. The room swayed.

She was so fucking stupid not to realize it sooner.

Groaning, the room spinning, she closed her eyes. Rough hands cupped her face. She didn't even hear him approach her.

She knew who it was even without opening her eyes. "Dominic," she uttered. She had missed his touch so much.

"Detka, " he whispered back. She sighed, leaned towards him, and succumbed to the blackness.

_____________