22. Results

Beau

"I am the Mafia King," Dominic announced in a clear slightly accented diction. Every muscle and sinew pressed to her was stiff.

She stared at him. Politely waiting for him to say more. And waited. Their master suite was so silent, she can hear them both breathing deeply.

"And?" She asked, couldn't stand the silence anymore. Giddy from his declaration of love earlier, though tinged with a hint of dominance, her world was filled with rainbows.

"I rule the underworld of gangsters you were working with." He hesitantly continued. "I may be dangerous but not to you. Never to you." He said in earnest, his gray orbs flashing, a hint of fear reflecting. Fear of losing her.

She wanted to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. Her whole life revolved around dangerous men. And the love of her life was dangerous of all. But not to her.

"Shhh, I know." Pressing her finger to his fleshy lips to stop whatever he wanted to add. "I love you and nothing..." She stopped. The room was spinning once more. Something sour and bile was trying to fill her mouth. Yuck. "Bathroom."

Dominic was cursing the air blue and carried her straight to the toilet just in time for her to heave. Her stomach was churning something fierce and she was trying to catch her breath. Losing whatever contents she had on her belly. She moaned in objection and signaled for him to wait outside, not keen for him to see her like this.

"Detka," he ignored her completely. Muttering endearments in Russian, he gathered her hair in a messy bun with one hand and gently soothe her back with the other. "I should call the doctor back." Worry laced his gruff voice.

It was incredible she had solved Riemann's Hypothesis and Fermat's theorem when she was in kindergarten without batting an eyelash and yet she couldn't even calculate her menstrual cycle. She was fucking late for 6 weeks. And she knew why.

"I...I just need a minute." How to tell him? On wobbly legs, with his help, he guided her to the elegant marbled sink. She glanced at her reflection. Her nose wrinkled. Bluish cast graced and surrounded her tired eyes, her lips and cheeks were extremely pale and her hair was in disarray. What a beauty, she thought in disgust.

Splashing her face with lukewarm water and brushing her teeth, she tried to think of a way to break the news to the man hovering protectively behind her.

"Marry me."

Beau nearly choked on her toothbrush. She hurriedly rinsed her mouth and faced him. "You are asking me to marry you, here, when I've just puked my guts out?" Not to mention she stank.

"Yes. Here and now. You have never looked so beautiful to me and I couldn't wait any longer." He was very serious.

To watch him, a powerful man, practically begging was kind of hot and heady.

"I want a simple ceremony." She blurted out, tired of rationalizing everything.

"Done." Her eyes widened. Dominic was removing his suit, discarding his tie, and tossing it somewhere behind him.

"I want to get my stuff at the cottage." Her eyes were glued to his elegant fingers unbuttoning his pristine shirt.

"Today." He promised.

"I want Dinara at the wedding and she will not be shipped to a convent in France." The tzar shrugged out of his shirt. She licked her lips, loving his gleaming muscles. The deep V pointing down to his crotch was enticing.

"Maman is already working on it." His gray eyes were roaming her flushed features, knowing his effect on her. Damn hormones.

"I want to be your partner in the truest sense. You will not keep me in the dark. I am an adult and I know when it's safe or not." She struggled to get the words out. It had been too long. No pun intended. Her gaze went to his noticeable bulge.

"Up to a point. You will know everything about my world but I will also make sure you are always safe. I can't lose you, detka. You have to understand that."

She nodded, agreeing. Knowing she will have enough on her plate in a few months. What else? "And you will stay faithful to me until death do us part or I will cut your balls off."

"God. I am so fucking in love with you and couldn't even look at another woman. It will always be you. Only you. Anything else?" Every word was a pledge in itself.

He was steadily cutting the distance between them, ready to gather her in his arms. Her raised palms stopped him for a moment.

"I'm pregnant." Stunned silence. She watched several expressions registered on his face. From intense desire to shock to love and happiness.

"Fuck, yes! I knew it. " He swooped her up in his arms and roared his laughter. Beau shrieked, giggling. This was the happiest day of her life.

______________

The Enemy
Antoine Lemonte

He couldn't be hiding anymore. He had to face The Butcher and Alec at some point.

Staring outside the window, he was calculating the risk of going back to San Francisco. He will have to have some leverage. And money. How?

Only a handful of his men remained, he could hire more. Mexico was full of assholes who had nothing to lose. The impediment was, that nothing went past the leader of the Mexican Cartel. And Rafael Montero was also his enemy. Almost as deadly and as powerful as the Mafia tzar.

However, his mother's people couldn't keep him hidden for long. The bastard will be hounding his ass soon. He will need to get past his radar.

Puta! Think. Rumor has been circulating in the underground windmill. Bosses and underbosses were talking. Eager to please the mafia king. The infamous accountant turned out to be the whore Dominic Vasiliy intended to marry soon. An Achilles heel.

He could make millions out of it if he did the right thing. He could have the Russian mafia princess too. Lips smirking cruelly, he imagined a naked Dinara Vasiliy. Or both. Sex slaves. Now, that's something to look forward to.

But first things first. He will need to contact the remaining traitors to help him. They will love his plans.

Circling the dilapidated hideout, he waited for his call to be picked up. It rang several times. Finally, it was answered by a familiar voice.

"I have a plan." He could hear loud music and giggles on the other end.

"This better work, Antoine. We've been hiding for weeks. Our partners are all dead."

"It will. Do we have a secure line?"

"Yes. What do you have in mind?"

Knowing the traitors were also desperate to have their lives back gave him the boost of confidence he needed. They will be eating in the palm of his hands after this.

"I will kidnap the new tzarina and the mafia princess." He declared casually. His dick tingled at the thought.

"You perceived me all ears, Antoine Lemonte. What do you need?"

______________