Chapter 2

Enjoy! (Also as I am writing this, I am listening to Nezuko's Theme, and it is beyond amazing. It is truly too good for this world, honestly all the demon slayer songs are! I totally recommend listening to it while reading this, it adds more feelings to the writing, in my opinion.)

Note: I just wanted to tell everyone that the set up I used for this fanfiction, is Tanjiro's POV, then Nezuko's POV. The chapters will always be switching from both of their POV's. 

______________________________________________________________

As the bright morning light reached my eyes, blinding me for a couple of seconds, I could start to see the layout of an old wooden room, with a small desktop placed against one of the four walls. Realizing my surroundings, I noticed I was not in my home, it looked nothing like the cheery place I lived in, with all my younger siblings running around. As I looked down at my pale body which was more or less covered up by my pink designed kimono, I noticed that I had been sleeping inside a plain white futon, and while it was not attractive in the slightest, it gave a sense of comfort. Deciding to figure out where I was, I placed myself outside of the futon, and walked up to the only door in the room. The door gave off a dark eerie aura, which scared me, but I decided to open it to check what layed on the other side. Doing so I saw an older gentleman, who had gray short hair, which seemed to be covered up by a mask that he was wearing. This mask was designed to look like some sort of demons face, that was an extreme shade of red. 

"I see you finally have woken up, I am sorry if this old creaky cabin brings you discomfort. It was made a very long time ago to keep the people inside well hidden from the demons," said the man, with a deep, scratchy yet comforting voice.

"Demons?" I said, shakily as my throat felt dry and in pain. What was he talking about when he said demons.

"Here let me get you a drink and something to eat. Then we can talk," said the man, as he stood up walking over to what looked to be a small kitchen.  Placing myself on the ground, from the growing pain in my knees, I left myself with my thoughts as to come up with a conclusion as to why I was here.

Where am I? 

Where is my family? 

Are they okay?

 Who is this man? 

Why can't I remember? 

All the thinking brought flashes of pain in my head, as I grasped the sides of my hair tightly.

"Don't try to think to hard, you just woke up after being unconscious for a month. I wouldn't expect you to remember much, but what it seems you went through would definitely cause some sort of trauma, resulting in short termed memory loss. However what I do know about you and what happened I can tell you," said the man, as I could feel some sort of depressing tension, thickening up the air around us.

"Whatever happened to you and your family, was nothing pleasant that's for sure. Those damn monsters, this time took it way too far. Only if we had gotten there sooner, it could have ended different," said the man as he brought as glass full of crystal clear water and a plate of food to the table.

 Immediately bringing myself off of the ground, dismissing the shots of pain from my knees away, I sat down at the four seated table, as I grabbed the glass of water a started chugging it down. While it was unladylike of me, I couldn't resist the urge of being able to drink clean water once again, it had been a while.

"If you don't mind me asking, I would really want you to tell me what happened. I am scared of what happened, I am scared about my family's safety, I am scared of not knowing where I am, and I am truly scared of these so called demons you speak of," I said bluntly, waiting for his response.

"I see, so where shall I begin."

________________________________________________________________________

Thanks so much to the people that take there time to read this, it means so much to me!

Psych9rawr