CHAPTER FIVE

Remus looked around his dorm room discreetly, making sure nobody had followed him up. He quietly reached into James' trunk and pulled out the map they'd made when they were fifteen.

Nostalgia washed over him and a small watery smile graced his lips. Carefully he pulled his wand out of his pocket and murmured, "I solemnly swear I am up to no good." Ink spread across the page but the werewolves eyes stayed firmly by the Black Lake where he knew Jasmine was.

And read the name Jasmine Lily Potter.

***

It had been two weeks since the night they carved there names into the wood, and things had been peaceful. Lily was acting friendlier to James- much to his delight. Mary McDonald and Peter had started going out and Dumbledore said he was getting closer to finding a time turner.

There were only three down sides in Jasmines life. For one: She missed Harry. She missed her twin terribly, he was her other half, they hadn't ever been separated this long since birth. Two: The full moon was a day away and Remus had been becoming paler by the hour. And finally, three: Siruis.

At first she couldn't look at him without feeling a burning sensation at the back of her eyes and guilt waying down her chest. But that had quickly changed, Siruis was one of her closest friends and constant companion. Conversations flowed easily between the two and he made flirty comments daily, always holding her hand or tucking strands of hair behind her ear. Whispering to her and casually coming up behind her during conversations and wrapping his arms around her.

It all felt so wrong yet so right.

She huffed and ripped the grass up from the ground. Boys had never concerned her before, not before the war and certainly not after. But now she was thirty years in the past falling for her godfather, who happend to be dead.

She buried her face in her knees when she heard footsteps coming up behind her, she gripped her wand but forced herself to relax. "Not that I don't appreciate the shade, but don't you think you're being a bit creepy?" She said without looking up.

"Jasmine Lily Potter."

She shot up, wand ready in hand. Nobody but Dumbledore knew who she really was and even he didn't know her middle name. She paled dramatically when she saw Remus.

"Merlin, you scared me. W-what'd you just say?"

"I said, Jasmine Lily Potter."

"W-why would you say stuff like that, my names not Potter-"

"Yes it is. The Marauders map never lies, you're related to James somehow, aren't you? And Lily, you've been acting strange ever since you got here. From falling out of the sky to acting like Prongs, who are you, Jas?"

The girl gulped nervously and felt her knees go weak, just like in there third year how Hermione had figured out her Lupin was a werewolf, young Remus had figured out she wasn't who she said. She gnawed her bottom lip before shaking her head. "R-remus I can't-"

"Yes you can!" He replied angrily, she looked up in surprise before flaring up herself. "Riiiight. Just like how you can be open and accepting of the fact you're a werewolf!" He blinked several times, glancing around to make sure they were, in fact, alone. "I will not allow my friends to be hurt by someone they thought they could trust!"

She laughed bitterly. "Well you won't have to worry about that for another three years!" Remus advanced on her threatingly. "I don't know what game you're playing, Jasmine, but we're not gonna be a part of it!" Jasmine let out a frustrated noise and the ex prefect was shocked to see tears in her eyes.

"I'M NOT PLAYING REMUS JOHN LUPIN! I DON'T FIND LOOKING AT DEAD PEOPLE EVERYDAY VERY FUNNY! ESPECIALLY WHEN I'M THE ONE WHO WATCHED THEM DIE!" She took a deep breath before shakily wiping away the tears that were falling down her cheeks, away. "If you come with me to Dumbledore he'll explain everything."

Remus nodded silently. He felt guilty as he followed her to the headmasters office, he wasn't sure what she meant but she had such a haunted look in her eyes it sent shivers down the teenagers smile.

"Cockroach Cluster." She whispered when they reached the giant Griffin. It swung open and she walked into the office without knocking. Dumbledore stood by Fawx as they entered, "Ms-" He began but Jasmine cut him off. "He knows, professor." The headmasters eye brows rose as a small 'ah" noise came from his throat.

"Well, I suppose you'd like me to, confirm, what happend?"

She nodded faintly and sat down. Remus looked to the headmaster expectantly, "Young Ms Potter here has had the unfortunate luck of finding an illegal time turner, the latin words she read aloud roughly translate to 'take me where I desire'. Because she has never known her parents, her desired location was obviously a place where she could meet them without the looming threat of war."

"What war-"

"Lord Voldemort."

Both Males turned to look at Jasmine. Whom was still wiping tears from her eyes, "He's dead now, because of a prophecy that was made about me and my brother, Harry. Yes my parents are James and Lily. Yes Siruis is my Godfather. Yes I'm your future childs godmother. Yes you're all dead in 1999."

She choked out a sob and buried her face in her hands, using her hair as a sheild.

Suddenly a knock came from the door and without waiting for an answer, Mcgonagall marched in, dragging a grinning James and Siruis behind her.

Both boys grins fell from their faces when they saw Remus with tears running down his cheeks. Before they could ask he nodded in the direction of Jasmine, who sobbed quietly in the corner of the room. Siruis reacted immediately, he darted to where she sat and brought her into a hug.

Remus had never felt so conflicted. Here was a girl, that knew all of their futures. That was thirty years in the past. That was one of his best friends daughter. Who was destined to kill he-who-must-not-be-named. Who had watched most likely everyone in that room die- "It's nothing, don't worry about it."

Jasmine attempted to sound reassuring, but failed miserably. Siruis glanced accusingly at the headmaster. "My godfather died." She blurted out, catching everyone in the room off guard. Jas caught Remus's eye as it clicked, the person she was next to, the person that was catching feelings for her,  was Jas' dead godfather.

And suddenly Remus got a whole new appreciation for just how strong the girl in front of him was.

****************************

Harry James Potter paced up and down Mcgonagall's office after showing her the carved words in the Gryffindor common room. "I'll admit, Potter, I always had a sneaking suspicion..."

Harry looked up, "You remember her?" The woman nodded, "Indeed. She was good... friends with the Marauders and your mother. Dumbledore, never told me who she really was of course, but I believe Mr Lupin was aware. How much he knew I'm not sure, but he was aware that her last name wasn't Granger."

Harry raised his eyebrows incredulously, "Granger? She used the name Granger? Professor- was she alright? Was she happy? Did she come back?" The headmistress hesitated before answering, remembering perfectly well the first time she saw her.

"Physically, she was fine. Mentally- it was rare to see her without a smile. And considering she disappeared without a trace, yes, she came back."