ONE

Stefan had moved them into a new house in California, getting the nicest foreclosure in the small town of Beacon Hills. They did not stop in New Orleans on their road trip across the country which made her quite sad; her heart ached for Elijah. She still missed him desperately but she was sure she would see him again. She did send him a text, because she was too afraid she'd cry if she called, telling him where she was now.

Her twin brother didn't know exactly what they'd be doing here in the town to pass time, but Eira had the perfect idea. She had finally left her new room with a smile on her face which is mainly the reason Stefan agreed with the idea.

"No," Stefan shook his head immediately. "I'm not going to back to high school."

"But...I want to learn," Eira stated sadly. "I never got to before...everything was so..dramatic all the time."

"Please," Eira pouted.

Stefan caved in and groaned making Eira squeal as she wrapped her arms around him in a hug, "Thank you, Stef."

_________

Scott McCall thought his life would go back to semi-normal after Peter Hale was killed. He thought the only thing he had to worry about now was Allison's father.

But he was wrong.

He had to worry about the arrival of two new students. He didn't think anything of their arrival, his only thought being Allison, but then he caught a whiff of what one of them smelt like.

He sniffed the air deeply before turning his head from his locker and down the hall. He saw the new girl who was slowly putting books in her bag like she didn't care for the bell that was about to ring.

But what he really noticed was the awe he felt when looking at her. He thought his eyes might've flashed their golden, yellow werewolf color but he didn't care. His feet carried him over to her until he was right in front of her.

She didn't seem to notice at first before she froze and looked at him, the color draining from her face. She replied nervously, "H-Hello."

Scott was frozen. The smell that was coming from her was overwhelming and he swore in his head it was the sweetest smell he'd ever smelt. He couldn't help but wonder if she was something.

Eira peered at him in worry as the bell rung. She touched his shoulder gently, "Are you okay?"

Scott swallowed and nodded pathetically, "Uh, yeah. You just...uh...hi."

Scott frowned as his stupid response and dropped his head expecting her to think he was a complete freak. But she only smiled at him, "I'm Eira."

Scott lifted his head quickly to see her smiling and that made him smile widely like a puppy, "I'm Scott."

"It's nice to meet you," Eira replied before asking again, her eyes inspecting him intently. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yes. Totally. Totally fine," Scott answered.

"Okay," she said. "I have to get to class. I'll see you around, Scott."

"Right, class," Scott nodded as Eira walked off to her class that she would be late to.

With his werewolf hearing, he heard her mutter under her breath, "That's if Stefan let's me."

_________

"Have you seen the new kids?" Stiles appeared next to him later in the day when he was at his locker.

"I saw the sister," Scott replied before answering meekly. "I, actually, talked to her."

"You did what?" Stiles screeched as they walked away from his locker. "Dude, her brother gives guys death glares every time they come near her. How did you get close?"

"She was at her locker," Scott shrugged and was about to mention the smell but Stiles continued talking.

"I think there's something fishy with them. I mean, she has white hair and her twin brother has brown," Stiles said.

"Well, I mean, there might be. Not too sure how much it has to do with her hair though," Scott stated.

"What? Did your wolfie powers tell you something?" Stiles asked, his eyes wide as he waited for a response. His excitement was through the roof.

"Yeah. I picked up on her scent," Scott answered as he attempted to explain. "I just felt some sort of calling towards it. She smelt...sweet."

"She smells sweet," Stiles deadpanned. "Could you be a bit more descriptive, Scott? Like...she smells like candy...or something."

"I just know it wasn't a normal scent. It was supernaturally sweet," Scott said before frowning as he sighed. "Which means we have another problem."

"So what do we do?" Stiles asked. "I'm pretty sure we're not gonna find anything based on a sweet smell."

Scott gave him a look and Stiles shook his head quickly, "Scott, no. We can find answers another way."

"How?" Scott questioned. "If there's anyone who might know, it's Derek."

AN: I'm not sure who I'm pairing Eira with. I'm just gonna write and see what happens.