TWO

Derek wasn't pleased to hear from Scott. If anything, he thought it was just some teenage drama that he didn't want any part of. But it was a real issue, at least, sort of.

"She smells...sweet," Derek repeated the words that Scott had said with a look of annoyance on his face. "That's you what you kept calling me about."

"I can't explain it, okay? But something isn't right. I was hoping you'd know something if you just got close enough to her," Scott explained.

Derek sighed and looked at the house through the window of his car where a car just pulled into the driveway, "And that's where she lives?"

"Yeah, this is where the scent leads...I think," Scott said.

Derek raised his eyebrows at the werewolf in the passenger seat, "You think?"

Scott elected to ignore the question, "Look, she's getting out of the car. It's her, definitely, her. Can you smell her from here?"

"Yeah. It's strong. Overwhelming, actually. I don't recognize it," Derek said as he watched her get groceries out of the car. "But I need to get closer if I'm gonna sense anything."

Scott's eyes widened in alarm once Derek exited the car and walked over to the new girl. He had no idea what excuse Derek was going to give for appearing out of nowhere.

_________

Stefan had gone for a jog in the woods. He went to go fetch a bunny snack and she chuckled at her thoughts as she got out of the car. While he was gone, she went to the store.

She hauled the wide, brown paper bags of groceries from the trunk and into her arms. She turned around to run right into someone on the sidewalk who had appeared out of nowhere.

"I'm so sorry," she apologized. "I didn't realize I wasn't paying attention. I'm sorry."

"Hey, hey, it's okay," the handsome stranger smiled and she failed to realize that it was fake. "Here, let me help you."

Suddenly the paper bags were lifted from her struggling arms and were being held easily in his rather large, muscular arms. She swallowed and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Thank you," she smiled and Derek thought he lost the ability to breath right. Scott failed to inform him that she was this beautiful; ethereal, would be the right word. And the sweet smell put his mind in a haze. She was more than attractive and enough lustful thoughts were floating around in his brain but he knew that wouldn't ever happen. He could tell just from her smile, it was too pure.

"So, where do you want these?" Derek questioned, looking at the bags.

"Oh, just follow me," she said as she closed the trunk.

Eira led him into her house not even thinking about the possibility that he might be a murderer. She led him to the kitchen and he put the bags on the counter.

"Thanks, again," she peered up at him with those green eyes, a bright green, and her face read nothing but gratitude. Even though it was such a small act, she was so grateful.

"You're welcome," he shrugged and he sighed. "Maybe I'll see you around."

He went to leave but she called out, "What will I call you when I see you again?"

He couldn't help but smile slightly at the way she said it. Like it was definite that she was going to see him again, like she wanted to. He turned around to look at her again, "Derek."

"Eira."

"I'll see you around," he changed his words before he left and added on her name in a breathless almost-whisper. "Eira."

________

Derek got back into his car where Scott immediately ambushed him, "So do you know anything?"

"I don't know what she is," Derek answered. "But I caught a scent leaving. It was faint because hers is so strong but this one, it wasn't right. It, definitely, wasn't human."

"What did it smell like?" Scott asked.

"Like someone died," Derek stated.

"Are you saying there's a dead body in there?" Scott asked, his eyes wide.

"No, you idiot," Derek huffed in frustration. "I said 'like somebody died'. It didn't smell quite dead but it wasn't alive either."

"So, her brother is undead?" Scott questioned.

"I don't know and I don't care," Derek stated. "She is, definitely, not a problem so I doubt her brother is, either. Let this go, Scott."

And, of course, Scott did the exact opposite.

_________

"So what did you find out?" Stiles ambushed Scott the next day at school. "What did Derek find out?"

"Her brother is, supposedly, undead," Scott answered. "No idea what she is. And I have no idea how else to find out what they are."

"Well, I do," Stiles stated like it was obvious.

"What? How?"

"We just ask her," Stiles answered. "Say that we know when we don't and then get her to spill what she knows."

"You're going to do this without me even if I say no, aren't you?" Scott assumed correctly.

"Yep."

__________

Eira was at her locker when suddenly two bodies appeared in her peripheral vision on either side of her. She looked at them as they intensely stared at her. She was confused but she went with it.

"Hi, Scott," she smiled slightly.

"Hi, Eira," Scott said, blushing a bit.

Stiles shook his head at his too nice friend before saying, "We're onto you."

Eira looked at him, "Onto me for what?"

"Dude," Scott warned him. "Gently."

"What Stiles is trying to say is..." Scott started before blanking.

But Stiles continued, "That you're apart of the supernatural and that your brother is one of the undead."

Eira's jaw opened and closed in shock and confusion on how they figured it out, "Oh."

AN: I think I am gonna pair her with Derek. The two of them are definitely gonna be close no matter what though.