THREE

What Stiles and Scott practically demanded was a long story. So, Stiles, convinced her to lie to Stefan and now she was at Stiles' home but Stefan thought she was with a new, girl, friend. It weighed on her that she lied to him and she couldn't hold in a secret so she was going to tell him the truth when she got home.

Right now, she told Scott and Stiles all they wanted to know. That Stefan was a vampire, that Stefan had killed her, that she was revived and then cursed to sleep by a witch, that she had been sleeping in a coffin for a century and a half, and how when she woke up she had white hair.

And they had told her all that they knew. Scott showed her his werewolf face and she realized how different he was as a werewolf than the werewolves back home. Scott didn't turn into a wolf like the ones back home did nor did his bones break.

She would have to figure that out.

"Okay, you explained that you hold the longest record of sleeping ever, but you still haven't told us what you are?" Stiles questioned.

Eira shrugged. "I'm not anything. At least, not that I'm aware. I did die and come back to life. A spell is keeping me alive. Maybe that's what Scott smells."

"I still can't believe vampires exist," Scott muttered.

Eira smiled at him, "If you think that's insane, wait until you meet the Originals."

"You've met the original vampires?" Stiles gasped. "That is seriously cool."

And thoughts on Originals led her to thinking about Elijah and she frowned. She sighed before thinking of Derek and her eyebrows furrowed, "Hey, does that mean you sent Derek to my place to...inspect me?"

Scott bit his lip guiltily and smiled sheepishly, "Sorry."

"It's so horrible all of his family died," her eyes teared up. "He's all alone."

The boys were both looking at her like she was an alien because they didn't know how to handle a crying girl if she did cry. But she sniffed and looked at them before asking quietly, "Can I get his number?"

"What? No," Scott said immediately. "Derek has a target on his back because he's the Alpha now. If hunters saw you associating with him, they'd target you. Eira, I don't want you to get hurt. You shouldn't even be associating with me."

"Hey, where's the concern for me?" Stiles questioned but he was ignored.

"Scott, he lost his family. I feel so bad. He should be shown compassion. Not be ostracized," Eira lectured, frowning deeply before continuing. "I have a vampire brother on my side. Trust me, I'll be fine."

And Scott caved.

_________

Eira arrived home.

"I lied," she blurted out before Stefan could even greet her and she felt like a weight was lifted off her chest even though it was such a tiny lie.

Stefan's forehead wrinkled, "Lied about what?"

"I was with a new friend, well, new friends but they were boys. I know you think it's horrible but they're different," Eira explained. "One of them is a werewolf and they know all about what you are. They think I'm something but I don't know what and..."

"Eira, calm down," Stefan interrupted her when he put his hands on her shoulders.

She peered up at him carefully, "Are you mad?"

"Of course I'm not mad," Stefan smiled and she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. "I'm just worried."

She wrapped her arms around him in a hug, holding onto him tightly. He hugged her even tighter as he continued, "I just had to pick this town, didn't I? Already, we're back into supernatural."

"Maybe we were never supposed to leave it," Eira replied. "These are different werewolves, Stefan. They're nice."

Stefan chuckled and Eira frowned, pulling away, "What's so funny?"

"Eira, you think everyone is nice."

And that was why Stefan worried all the time. Someone would take advantage of her kindness one day and he'd be there to protect her when that day came.

________

At the end of the week, she got home Friday and Stefan had went for a jog. She entered her room and she nearly screamed. Derek was sitting on the window seat but he stood up when she walked in.

"Is this going to be how we always meet? You startle me somehow," Eira questioned.

"Maybe," Derek smirked before he went back to a straight face. "What have you been continuously calling me for?"

"Why haven't you answered?" Eira asked.

"I asked first," Derek stated.

Eira's shoulders slumped and tears gathered in her eyes before she walked over to him slowly. He was surprised when she hugged him. It was a gentle embrace like she was holding something delicate and it was an embrace left unreturned.

"What are you hugging me for?" Derek muttered against the top of her head, his lips brushing her hair.

"I'm sorry about your family. You lost everyone," her voice was strained like she was about to cry. "I can't imagine that ever getting better."

She pulled away slightly to look him in the eyes, his beautiful dark green eyes, to let him know she meant what she said, "But I have hope for you."

She looked at him like she was trying to piece together all the broken parts of his soul. Like if she could, she'd heal him in an instant. She'd give him back everything that was lost.

"So..." Derek began. "You kept calling me to give your condolences?"

"It would have been horrible if I didn't tell you," Eira said honestly as she pursed her lips. "I already felt so bad that you were here and I wasn't able to say anything because I didn't know."

Derek couldn't help but smile, a real genuine smile, at how exasperated she was at not being able to tell him she was sorry. For an act that was six years in the past and for something she had nothing to do with.

"Thank you," Derek said.

"For what? Everyone should be saying..."

"But you said it," Derek gave her an intense look and her heart beat a little bit faster. "So, thank you."

Eira swallowed, nodding, and took a step back from him, "So now it's your turn to answer."

"Scott told me everything. But then he also warned me to stay away from you."

"But you didn't," Eira stated.

"But I didn't," Derek repeated. He couldn't stay away. Everything about her drew him in.

With his werewolf hearing, he could hear her brother return, "Your brother is here."

She looked towards the door before she looked at him as she asked, "I'll see you around?"

"Now that you've decided to hang around Scott," Derek replied. "Yes, you'll see me around, Eira."

And then he was gone. Her open window was now closed and she was left with a smile on her face.

AN: I think I'm just gonna tease ya'll until I decide who she's paired with. I honestly have nothing planned for this story so I have no idea what's going to happen. I won't know myself, the author, until I write all of 3A. I just need to see how she meshes with characters.