4 ゜comfort

All she could do was watch the rain pelt against the stone and grass before her from under the rock overhang where they had made camp for the night.

The seven had only been reunited for a week and yet were already up to their usual antics like on that particular hour, but Serafina felt numb. She couldn't bring herself to join in, mind devoid of any particularly positive emotions. At the very least, she was glad that the others didn't notice. She would hate to be any more of a burden.

"It's alright, baby," Toru's soothing voice sounded out of nowhere, making Enomoto look over. The witch observed her girlfriend's features carefully, before looking back towards the open field in shame.

She hadn't seen Hagakure sitting there. How could she have not noticed her own girlfriend's presence? She didn't want the ghost to feel invisible, and yet here she was not even seeing—

"Serafina, stop. I know what you're doing." The aforementioned tried to ignore Toru– dark thoughts trying to convince her how awful she truly was. But the delicate fingers of the dead teenage girl, reaching up to tug on Serafina's straight black hair carefully enveloped her. "Look at them, baby."

Serafina did as she was told. She looked to the empty plain where five of her friends pranced around, drenched and smiling. Mina tackled Ochako in a hug, before attempting to shake the water out of her pink tail. Momo tried to shield herself from the blast, while Kyoka simply stood and enjoyed not being burned alive in the daytime hours.

Finally Enomoto's gaze landed on Tsuyu, who had a slim stick of sanded wood held up in the air. It created a forcefield effortlessly, keeping the wizard dry. Serafina could feel the magic, despite it being a simple spell, and felt her jealousy grow.

"They're thinking of you, Sera."

"I should be able to do that," the young witch frowned, ignoring the comment. Her usual mystical voice cracked with the obvious envy. She admired Tsu, more than anything. Maybe too much so. "I don't know why I can't. I'm a witch. Witches are born with power, and it grows with them. Yet I have none."

"You can lift a broom."

"Anyone can lift a broom, Toru."

"My point is, it's not totally helpless. Maybe your magic just works differently than you think."

Serafina nodded. Her body only felt heavier than before, compelling her to lean over and rest her head atop Hagakure's shoulder. She just needed some rest, and then maybe she would continue trying the next morning.

Out in the field, rays of sunlight began breaking out of the dark clouds, enveloping the girls that still played. Jiro froze in a temporary fear, before realizing that the rain overpowered the light and that she would be safe as long as it stayed.

"I know she can't help it, but I really wish she'd realize how powerful she is," Tsuyu hummed, watching as Serafina slowly slipped into a deep sleep. Ochako stepped into her invisible umbrella, nodding in agreement.

"I think she forgets about what happened when Toru died. That proves the kind of witch she is, but she doesn't like to think other than how she was raised."

"Can't we like... have an intervention?" Mina questioned with a cock of her head.

"No," Tsu stated firmly. "The true awakening of one's powers can only be realized by themselves."