8 ゜group

"The Town of Eternal Winter sure lives up to its name," Jiro grumbled. Currently the group of seven were trudging through the immortal blizzard, legs caught in snowbanks that imitated quicksand and icicles hanging off of their eyelashes like gems off of a stalactites.

The snowflakes that whipped against their cheeks left them with a constant burning sensation, but they knew if they didn't want to turn purple then they had to keep moving.

Mina was the only one who wasn't affected by the cold due her to excess fur. At first the way she bounded easily through the weather was amusing, but now the other six found themselves overflowing with jealousy. 'I just had to come back as a zombie, huh?' Momo had mumbled at one point.

But there was always a storm before the calm. Or did the saying go the other way around? Maybe it was something about a silver lining. It didn't matter. The point was that even the rage of the clouds above left with hazed with an angelic dust came to an end as they stumbled into the eye of the storm. 

Their bodies that had just began adjusting to the violence of it all were not prepared for the stillness that enveloped them. They could still hear the echoes of it all behind them, but their sights were completely set on the blinding sun that reflected gorgeous of the crystalline lawns.

The homes that were laid out on the roads and hills before them were normal besides the snow that beautifully complimented each and every one of them.

Winter was not that common outside of this region of the continent, which is why the girls had pledged to make it to this specific town. Untouched, untainted by their oh so "glorious" ruler. What was their secret?

"It's beautiful," Uraraka breathed in awe. As a demon who had never experienced that type of cold, she could almost feel her admiration growing for the icicles that formed at the ends of her hair and the frostbite that kissed her nose.  

"It's cold," Asui responded with a short ribbit. Her friends glanced to her and noticed how both her eyes and hat drooped in a similar fashion. Her knees were slightly bent, turned inwards so that they almost touched. She seemed to be drifting off.

"It seems as if her experiment has been working," Enomoto noted.

"Which one? The familiar one?" Yaoyorozu asked. Serafina confirmed with a nod. "So she's turning into a frog? That can't be healthy."

"I don't know how it works, she's the wizard," the witch shrugged. "But it seems as if she's taking on frog-like attributes. Her body is probably forcing her into hibernation right now."

"Hibernation?!" Jiro echoed shouted, muffling a shrieking laugh behind her gloved hand.

"We should probably go find someone who will let us warm up in their house then," Hagakure said. She pointed towards the closest building, observing the smoke that rose from their brick chimney and the soft light that shone from inside.

The rest agreed, and they headed further into the Town of Eternal Winter.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"We can't thank you enough for your hospitality, ma'am," Momo spoke up from over the rim of her mug. Steam rose off the hot chocolate from inside.