7 ゜campfire

The road had been treacherous thus far. It twisted and turned, led to sheer cliffs, and harbored murderous creatures. All quite literally. They honestly should have been hardened warriors at that point, but they weren't.

They were still just kids.

Teenagers whose weakness were the stars trapped in their eyes that blinded them to their true potential. The teenagers whose strength was that fate was their bitch and yet they treated him with kindness and if he were one of their own.

Teenagers who were tired of being pushed around by old, rich men and playground bullies so they decided that it was their turn. It was their turn to show the world that they were the little ones that could. The ones who would put an end to their new "king" and his fiery reign.

They might die. Half of them already had, so what did it matter? And so they did what any kid would do when accompanied by his closest friends and a silent crescent moon.

They struck a roaring fire in a small clearing and spun tales that even the stars above were listening closely to.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

"You guys aren't scary," Uraraka huffed as she slumped against the moss ridden log behind her. The campfire danced in her eyes ferociously, the remnant of her old realm being drawn to her underwordly soul.

"What do you expect us to say?" Jiro asked with a quirked eyebrow. "'Oh monsters are so horrifying I think I might just degrade them.'"

"There are plenty of ways to make up a horror story without using monsters!" The brown haired girl continued to insist.

"I think the scariest thing any of us can think of are Tsu's failed spells." The wizard glanced to Yaoyorozu as Jiro snickered, before shrugging in agreement. Backward limbs were not pretty.

"Oh," Ashido suddenly cried, pulling her nails away from the ratty pink tail she had just been combing knots out of. "Toru, tell us the story of how you died again! You know, the one with Serafina!"

"Mina," Ochako hissed. She punched the calf of the werewolf's leg in a scolding manner and glared at her. "That's not scary! So rude!"

"No, but it's romantic." The pink girl sighed dreamily. A comet shot through her line of vision, its iridescent streak illuminating her youthful yellow eyes. "And such a good story."

The underdeveloped witch of their group glanced at her girlfriend and let the corner of her mouth rise slightly. She felt her heart pump a bit faster, Aphrodite squeezing the organ in her hands and Apollo making her ears ring.

"I haven't heard it in awhile either," Serafina noted. She then shrugged and closed her eyes in a nonchalant manner. "But it would be up to Toru. She's the one who remembers it."

Ashido immediately fell to her knees, tail wagging as she excitedly announced how much she wanted to hear the tale once again. Serafina watched as her girlfriend flailed her arms about in surprise and yelped. All everyone else saw a white poet blouse fling to and fro.

Enomoto saw everything but. She couldn't help but to admire the red stardust that settled over Hagakure's perfect olive skin, and the way her brown waves bounced in sync with her beating heart. Serafina saw all of Toru's flaws, the exact flaws she could never think to call as such because all she could see were perfections upon perfections.