5 - e p h e m e r a l

Y/N L/N's PoV: 

"Listen, I don't know what the hell you idiots are pulling, but I'm not joining your stupid little cult. Just let me go already." I looked down at the ground. My phone had been shattered, little shards of glass cluttering the floor around it. 

They'd released my restraints not long ago. I was smart enough to know I couldn't fight them, so I didn't. I knew that they wouldn'y have permanantley erased my quirk if they wanted to recruit me. That meant the quirk cancelling drug was temporary. I just had to wait for an opening. 

"Ah, but there must be something we can offer you." a blue haired dude with a hand on his face spoke up. "Everyone here has been hurt somehow. By people, rules, society, you name it. And considering your past, there must be something, correct?" he sounded smug, almost condescending. 

I paused. Where did they get that sort of intel? 

"How do you know about my past?" I kept my voice steady to disguise any fear that was still left in me. 

"We know a lot of things." a purple, whispy dude said that part. 

"Ok, that tells me absolutley nothing," I deadpanned. 

We went back and forth like this for a while. The league of villains just so happened to be shitty salespeople. They might as well've tried to recruit a dead rat, because I sure as hell wasn't planning on joining them. 

Eventually, we got to a point in which they realized that I was being stubborn, and that I wasn't going to give in any time soon.  Something seemed to perk up in the hand guy, like he'd had a brilliant idea. 

"You have 3 options now. You can join us, we can hurt a few of your little friends, or we can kill you." he sounded proud, almost like Katsu to be honest. 

My blood ran cold the moment he said the word 'friends.' I did some quick thinking, and determined that I was gonna regret what I said either way. 

"I'd rather die than let you hurt my friends." I realized shortly after that they would probably, like, actually kill me, so I slapped my hand over my mouth. 

"Oh really?" He raised his arm and grinned a bit, which definetly seemed like a threat. 

I felt the smallest tingle of a quirk in the tips of my fingers. Just a few more minutes. I just needed to hold out for a few more minutes. 

I saw out of a small crack in the wall that it was probably sometime close to 6AM. The sky was blue with the smallest hints of purple. 

I turned to look at 'Shigaraki' or whatever it was, and in a monotone voice, I spoke. 

"Hey, so uh, I have a test today, and it's kind of important. Can I go?" I tried to sound like I was persuading them, when I was really just buying time until my quirk came back. 

He seemed a bit taken aback by my blunt approach.

"....No. We kidnapped you, we can't just let you go," he said in that raspy ass voice of his.

"Aw man..." I tilted my head to the side a bit and sighed, putting on a tired, defeated expression. After a few more minutes of crappy villain monologue, I finally felt my quirk all the way back. I cut Shigiraki off while he was talking.

"Hey, so this has been nice and all, you guys are great hosts, very hospitable, but I have a test. Bye." I gave them a peace sign and teleported as far away as I possibly could. I semi-recognized the street I was on, so I walked in the way I thought was correct. 

I was wearing a hoodie and shorts, so I didn't seem too out of place with the rest of the people walking around at- I looked at a clock nearby. 7 AM? 

"CRAP, I HAVE 1 HOUR BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS!" I yelled out loud, earning a few concerned stares from passerbys. I broke into a run, knowing it was about 30 minutes to UA. I reached into my pocket to call the school, but almost instantly was greeted by the image of my phone smashed on the ground. 

"Shit..." I muttered, starting to be out of breath. I looked down towards the sidewalk, which I would immediatley regret. I ran into someone, and hit the pavement. 

"Watch where you're going..." I brushed myself off as I stood up. "Mina!" I noticed her rather quickly after opening my eyes. I was almost immediatly hugged in a tight embrace.

"Oh my gosh! We were so worried about you! How did you escape? Did they hurt you? Are you ok?" She started spewing off questions like there was no tomorrow until I reached voer and touched her on the shoulder.

"Hey, I'm fine. And I can tell you on the way back to school." Mina tilted her head to the side.

"School? It's Sunday, silly!" she punched me lightly in the shoulder. 

"But Bakugo told me we had a tes- that little shit." I clenched my fist which was loosley hanging at my side. 

"Hey, hey, calm down. Do you have your phone?" she reassured me. The image of my shattered phone greeted me one more time. 

"Ah, no. They shattered it when they saw me texting you guys." I admitted. 

"Well, we can go get you a new one soon. Anyways, the rest of the Bakusquad is over this way." she jerked her thumb in the direction that she came from.

"Even Bakugo? How'd you get him to come?" I joked as we started walking. 

"Brute force." she said, still smiling. 

"Makes sense." we walked in silence for a minute or two until I saw a familiar squad. 

"Y/N!" chorused the members, except for a certain boy with hedgehog hair. 

"Guess who's back!" I threw my arms up in the air victoriously. 

"How'd you get out?" asked Kami, still in awe. 

"Like this!" I teleported behind him and shoved him forward, into the other guys. 

"That was mean..." he rubbed the back of his head like it hurt, even though I hadn't pushed him that hard.

I teleported back to my original position, beside Mina. 

"Anyways, do you guys know if I can leave a Yelp review on the place? Definetly a 3 out of 10." I joked, but they didn't seem to laugh. I akwardly looked around. 

"Well, uh, wanna head back to UA?"  I offered a small smile. 

"Sure." said Mina. She sounded overall relaxed and calm, almost relieved. 

- - - - - - - -

A a a h

I don't know where I'm going with this story, I'll just have to see. I still have inspiration for it, so I don't plan to discontinue it or anything. I'm hoping to get 30-45 chapters out of this bad boy. 

Anyways, ephemeral means 'short-lasting', which refers to how it only took like, two hours for her to escape. It took Katsuki, what, a day? L o s e r 

Whelp, love you guys. 

-Cherry ^-^