judd. fucking. birch.

I pull up to Leah's house, parking in the driveway behind Judd's car. Just to piss him off. I hop out and go knock on the door. Leah opens it in awe.

"Damn, Y/N! You look so good! You went from an A to a C cup in one summer! And look at the weight you've dropped! Oh my god!" Leah cheered. I giggle a little, before walking in. The first person I see is Nick, who looks more shocked than Leah.

"Oh, uh, hi, y/n, did s-something change?" He stuttered. You laugh.

"Same old me, Nick." You say smoothly, before walking up the stairs. Leah catches up, before telling you she was gonna go take a shower. You sigh, this is typical of Leah. Always running behind. Instead, you decide to say hi to Judd. You never really got along with him- He kind of bullied you for a few years- but you only were doing this to mess with him. You slowly open Judd's door, just to see it littered with empty bottles of Jack Daniel's. You find a full one on his nightstand and sit on his bed to take a drink of it. As you take your second swig, you hear someone clear their throat from behind you. You turn around slowly, to see Judd in the doorway. He walks across the room but stops before approaching you. His face turns slightly red and he looks away.

"Hey, Judd." You said calmly. He turns back to you- he's changed, but in a way so small you probably wouldn't notice if you weren't looking. He re-dyed the blue in his hair. Grew a  few inches. And now, he has a strong smell of alcohol and sugar. A sweet, yet bitter smell. You really, really liked it. It smelled safe, in a strange sort of way.

"Hey, doll. Why are you drinking my Jack?" He said. You knew your cheeks were burning red. 

"I kind of acquired a taste for it at camp."

"No more gay ass wine?"

I laughed. "No more gay ass wine." He gave a hint of what could've been a smile. That is if it wasn't Judd. Judd never smiles. Ever. 

Somewhere deep in your mind, you hoped that one day you'd get to see him smile.