~Villain Family Day~

CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER 10

The next day the villain kids are back in remedial goodness class.
"Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat," Fairy Godmother explains before walking to the front of the class where there is a tv. She turns it on just for Maleficent's face to be covering the screen.
"I don't see anything, nor do I hear," Maleficent says as she backs up to reveal Jafar and Cruela on either side of her with the Evil Queen behind her. Gaston was nowhere to be seen, making Gabby sad even though she expected as much.
"Kids!" Fairy Godmother calls causing them to go stand behind her.
"Is it...is it... is...Press enter. Can I please see a remote? Is this thing on? Ugh, It's broken. Ugh! I hate electronic equip..." Maleficent says before she stops.
"Oh! Evie, It's mommy. Oh! Look how beautiful," The Evil Queen says. "Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree."
"Don't you mean the weeds?" Maleficent says causing the Evil Queen to send her a glare.
"Ooh! Who's the old bat?" Cruela asks as they finally notice Fairy Godmother.
"This is fairy godmother," Gabby answers in warning.
"Still doing tricks with eggplants?" Maleficent asks her.
"I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage," Fairy Godmother corrects.
"You really couldn't give cinderella till one A.M.?" Maleficent asks. "I mean, really.
What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?"
"They were mice!" Fairy Godmother corrects again. "They were not... they were mice. They were not...They were mice." Fairy Godmother moves beside the tv and Mal steps forward.
"Hi, mom," Mal says.
"Mal! I m-m-miss you," Maleficent finally gets out.
"You children are never far from our thoughts," Jafar says.
"I got it," Maleficent tells him. "How long must mommy wait to see you?"
"Um, there's a big coronation coming up," Mal answers. "I think sometime probably after... that."
"When?" Maleficent asks.
"Friday, 10 A.M," Gabby answers ready for this talk to be over with.
"You sure I can't see you before that?" Maleficent asks. "I don't know what I'll do If I don't get my hands on that magic wan... you... you little nugget that I love so much." Maleficent struggles not to reveal anything.
"Yes, I completely understand, mother," Mal says.
"Carlos, is that a dog?" Cruela asks finally noticing Dude and getting up close to the camera. "Oh, yes, yes, baby, I do understand. It would make the perfect size for earmuffs."
"He's the perfect size for a pet," Carlos argues as he steps forward.
"Oh!" Cruela says shocked that he is fighting back.
"This dog loves me, and I love him. And fyi, your dog is stuffed! So give it a rest!" Carlos says causing Cruela to move away from the camera.
"Oh-ho! Burn!" Jafar says as he laughs.
"Oh! Why don't you go sell a toaster, you two-bit salesman!" Cruela says.
"People who talk to stuffed animals shouldn't throw stones," Jafar argues.
"Oh, well, people who sell toasters shouldn't use mixed metaphors," Cruela argues back.
"Enough!" Maleficent says before Jay turns the chat off.
"I'm so sorry," Fairy Godmother says.
"Thanks for the special treat," Jay says.
"Of course," Fairy Godmother says before they walk away to grab their stuff.
"M? What do you think our parents are gonna do to us, if we don't pull this off?" Evie asks once they are far enough away from Fairy Godmother.
"I think they will be quietly disappointed in us, but ultimately... Proud of us for doing our best," Mal says causing Gabby to look at her confused.
"Really?" Carlos asks her.
"No, I think we are definitely goners," Mal says causing Gabby to nod in agreement.
That night they all met up in the boys room to go over their plans.
"Okay, we all know what this looks like," Gabby says as she points at the wand she had drawn. "So it'll be up on the dais under the beast's spell jar, and We'll be coming in from here. I will be in the very front. You all will be up in the balcony."
"Okay. Carlos?" Mal asks.
"Okay, so I'll find our limo, so we can break the barrier, and, uh, get back on the island with the wand," Carlos explains.
"Perfect. Evie?" Mal says.
"Yeah?" Evie asks.
"You will use this to take out the driver. Two sprays and he'll be out like a light," Mal explains giving her a potion. The boys walk away and Mal slides the spell book to Gabby. Gabby wants to break Ben's love spell before her father has a chance to find out about it.
"G?" Evie asks causing Gabby to look at her. "You want to break Ben's love spell?"
"Yeah. You know, for after," Gabby says as Evie sits beside her. "I don't... I've just been thinking, you know, when the villains finally do invade Auradon, and begin to loot and kick everyone out of their castles and imprison their leaders and destroy all that is good and beautiful, Ben still being in love with me just seems a little extra... cruel, especially seeing who my father is." Gabby grabs the spell book heading for the door.
"G?" Evie tried but she leaves. Carlos, Evie, Mal, and Jay all have trouble trying to go to sleep. Jay looks over at his MVP trophy, Carlos rolls over and pets Dude, Mal looks at the pictures she has drawn in art class, and Evie takes out the rest that she made a B+ on.
"A million thoughts
In my head
Should I let my heart
Keep listening?
I know It's time
to say good-bye
So hard to let go," Gabby sings as she makes cupcakes letting a tear of sadness fall into the mix.