~Countdown To Cotillion~

CHAPTER 17

CHAPTER 17

"Hi, Jay. Hey. Jay. Hey, what's up?" Girls says as the VK's walk pass them.

"Hi," Jay says to them causing Mal to frown slightly.

"Why do you torture them? Just pick someone to take to Cotillion already," Carlos says.

"I already got my Cotillion date," Jay says as he wraps an arm around Mal.

"Ah! You're the expert," Carlos says.

"Except someone hasn't exactly asked yet," Mal says before she walks over to Evie and Gabby.

"Um, Jay... if you were gonna ask Mal, what's the best way to go?" Carlos asks Jay.

"Listen, all you got to do is look like me," Jay tells him causing Mal and Gabby to roll their eyes.

"Oh, ha-ha," Carlos says.

"Gabby," Jane says as she walks over.

"Hey, Jane," Carlos says nervously.

"Hey," Jane says with a smile.

"I was wondering...uh... if you liked the.... carrot cake last night," Carlos stutters.

"I had the pumpkin pie," Jane says.

"Oh, cool. Um, uh..." Carlos starts.

"Smooth," Jay says as he pulls Carlos away causing Gabby, Mal, and Evie to smile.

"I have an opening for a fitting at 3:00," Evie says as Lonnie walks up. "Who wants it?"

"Me!" Lonnie says quickly before turning to Jane. "Sorry."

"Perfect. I'll take you later," Evie says before she and Lonnie walk off.

"Gabby?" Jane says as Mal follows after Evie and Lonnie.

"Yes?" Gabby responds.

"I hate to keep bugging you, but the decorating committee needs more answers. So, as much as I hate to, um... you know, um..." Jane starts as Gabby nods.

"Bug me?" Gabby asks.

"Right," Jane says.

"Yeah, Jane, I would love to. I just have to get to class," Gabby says and tries to walk off but Jane stops her.

"You know, just nod if you like it," Jane tells her.

"Okay," Gabby says with a sigh.

"Chair swags. Entry banner. Twinkle lights. Napkin design. Table bunting. And you still haven't picked the party favors yet," Jane names off and Gabby just nods.

"Honestly, Jane, whatever you think..." Gabby tries to say.

"I mean, we can do chains, key charms, pen toppers. I kind of love the pen toppers, but, I mean, we can do all three," Jane says really fast, stressing Gabby out. This causes Gabby's eyes to flash red, which has happened occasionally since she has gotten some of Mal's powers.