~Rotten To The Core~

CHAPTER 24

CHAPTER 24

"If you guys never would have brought him here, this never would have happened," Gabby says after being filled in. "What were you thinking?!"

"He was gonna come with or without us. We just wanted to protect him," Evie explains.

"Yeah, and we completely blew it, guys," Carlos says.

"Okay! Okay. So, what are we gonna do?" Jay asks trying to get everyone to work together.

"'We' are not doing anything. This is between Uma and me," Gabby tells them. "And she's a punk. And guess what? Now I have to go get him."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Gabby. You're still gonna have to go through Harry Hook and his wharf rats," Carlos says.

"Yeah, you're gonna need us," Jay states in agreement.

"Uma said to come alone," Gabby says as she grabs her bag.

"Gabby, come on," Mal tries.

"She said to come alone," Carlos says. "I know one thing. I'm not going anywhere."

"We'll be here when you get back," Jay says finalizing it.

Gabby walks in through the doors of the Chip Shoppe.

"I'm back," Gabby says with a smirk.

"Loser, party of one. Right this way, please," Uma says before kicking a chair at them. Gabby catches it before sitting down.

"Place still stinks," Gabby says as she scrunches her nose.

"Oh, I'm sorry. We're down a butler today... Princess," Uma retorts.

"Where is he?" Gabby asks as she worries about Ben.

"You know, I've dreamed of this. You wanting something from me, and me watching you squirm like a worm on a hook," Uma says with a smirk.

"I'm so flattered that you dream of me. I haven't given you a thought since I left," Gabby retorts causing Uma to bang her fist on the table.

"Obviously. You have your perfect, little life, don't you?" Uma says before turning to everyone else. "Doesn't she have the perfect, little life? And we're 20 years into a garbage strike."

"Listen, if you have some kind of score to settle with me, game on," Gabby says. "I see no need to bring Ben into this."

"It may be a little unnecessary, but, oh, it is so much fun," Uma says with a laugh. "Here's the deal."

"Just like your mother, always a catch," Gabby says with a smirk before Uma sits in front of her.

"If you win..." Uma says as she holds her hand up. "Ben is free to go. " Gabby holds her hand up. "Hmm? Don't you want to know what I get if I win?"