~Take It Or Leave It~

CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18

Gabby and Mal rush into Carlos' room as they are chased by reporters.

"Gabby must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion," The tv plays as Gabby locks the door before she starts pacing. "when she will officially become a Lady of the Court." Gabby turns the tv off before she starts shaking and her eyes flash red.

"Whoa. Easy, girl," Carlos says from where he and Dude are on his bed.

"What? You think this is so easy?!" Gabby asks him as she walks over to him. "You don't have people taking a photo of you every single time you open your mouth to say boo! I mean, it's not that I could even say, "Boo," but, you know what I..."

"I'm sorry," Carlos says as Gabby lets out a sigh as Mal rubs her shoulder in comfort.

"Carlos, don't you ever miss screaming at people and just making them run away from you?" Gabby asks causing Mal to shake her head no.

"You're thinking of my mother, and I was usually on the other end of that. So, not really. No," Carlos answers her before noticing a red box in Mal's hand. "Oh, hey! Did you bring it?" Mal goes to open the box but the door is unlocked before Chad starts sneaking in.

"Hi," Chad says after he notices them. "Just came to use your 3D printer. Won't be a sec."

"How'd you get a key to my room?" Carlos asks him.

"Oh, I printed it off last time I was in here," Chad says as he looks at the key in shock. "Uh... you guys were sleeping. Look, I just... Your printer's so much better than mine, and you install these hacks and everything runs so much smoother than mine and..." Gabby and Mal share a smile as Mal hands the box to Gabby.

"Out! Now," Carlos orders him.

"Fine. Fine," Chad says before starting to walk away.

"Chad!" Carlos says.

"What? Hmm?" Chad asks as he turns back around.

"Leave the key," Carlos yells him.

"Come on, lets go," Mal says as she pats Chad in the shoulder before leaving the room. Chad puts the key on the table before leaving while slamming the door. "Gabby?"

"Hmm?" Gabby asks as she comes out of spaced out daze.

"My potion?" Carlos asks her while looking at her worriedly.

"Hmm. Yeah. Um..." Gabby says as she opens the box and pulls out a gummy.

"So, this thing will make me say what I really feel to Jane?" Carlos asks her.

"Yeah. I mean, this is a truth gummie, so take it or leave it," Gabby explains to him.

"Perfect," Carlos says with a smile.

"Hold on, though. Are you sure that you want to be taking this?" Gabby asks him. "Because this is gonna make you say the truth all the time, no matter what, and the only reason that I'm asking is because I know that if I took this right now, I would get myself sent back to the Isle. Which, it's not that that sounds super unappealing, but, you know..."

"Yeah. I'll take my chances, I guess," Carlos says before Gabby drops her hand that has the gummy in it.

"Okay," Gabby says before Dude eats the gummy out of her hand. "Ohh! Bad dog!"

"Man, that thing was nasty!" Dude says causing Gabby and Carlos to look at each other in shock. "And you... you just got to man up. And while you're at it, scratch my butt."

"You heard him. Scratch his butt," Gabby says before she heads for the door.

"Gabby. You're just gonna leave me with him?" Carlos asks before she closed the door.