Touch

Here we are again with another chapter to this story of mine.

Sexual themes at the end but nothing too naughty ( in this chapter anyway.)

IT'S THE WAY OF THE WORLD AND ITS MOTION
AND NO OCEAN CAN KEEP US APART
WHEN THE MOMENT IS RIGHT
AND YOU'RE HOLDING ME TIGHT
YOU CAPTURE THE BEAT OF MY HEART
IN MY HEART THERE'S A FIRE THAT'S BURNING
AND THERE ISN'T A THING I CAN DO
I'M RESIGNED TO THE FACT
THAT THERE'S NO TURNING BACK
AND I'LL NEVER REGRET LOVING YOU

________________________________________

"So, you'll help me then?" Millie asked, studying the blond who nodded.

"Of course! Count me in!"

Millie flashed a happy smile, her gaze shifting over to Finn, their eyes meeting and holding longer than they should of and her heart fluttered at the way his features softened and his lips curled up into a tender smile.

She sensed his love for her, warm and soothing, and she longed to be close to him again.

Maya caught the way the two teens were staring at each other,guessing what was going on. Joe had mentioned the empathic connection between Finn and Millie, and while Maya believed it, it was a whole different thing to witness it first hand.

She watched as the boy weaved through the crowd towards them and Maya chose her moment to escape, reaching out to give Millie a gentle squeeze of her shoulder. "Good luck."

Millie gave a slight nod, though her eyes remained on Finn who came to a stop before her.

"Mills..."

"Finnie..."

The boy looked around for a few seconds before speaking. "So...Um... what are your plans after this little shindig?"

"Well, I was hoping we could listen to some of that music you promised to share."

"I did promise to share and I created a couple of spotify playlists just for you, Mills."

Her features brightened. "Oh? Just for me?"

Finn nodded, beaming like a little kid. "Yep! Just for My Millie."

He was so damn cute she wanted to kiss him... and other things. But we can't do that. Especially right now in the open. She looked up at him through her lashes, voice soft, "Will you listen with me, Finnie?"

Something in the way she spoke and studied him made his heart act up... and other things, but he nodded, clearing his throat. "Sure, Mills. We can do whatever you want... er... I mean listen to it whenever you want.... Maybe we can do that before we leave here or... um... after... if you're up to it."

His rambling always brought a smile to her face. He was a bit nervous, she could sense, but also excited... just as she was. "We can do it before or after we leave here, Finnie, whatever you're comfortable with."

Finn knew what she meant but his mind went off on a tangent it shouldn't and he felt a bit of heat on his cheeks, though he smirked a bit, "We're still talking about music, right?"

Millie blinked at his blush then giggled, realizing how what she said could be misconstrued, and her eyes flashed with a bit of mischievousness. "Maybe..."

Finn matched her look, about to reply when the voice of Noah interrupted him.

"There you are, Mills!"

Finn backed up a bit as the smaller boy came to a stop before them.

"Can I talk to her alone for a moment?" Noah asked.