Her Story

September, 21, 2013: Maria's Story.
I heard my father open the front door and his footsteps thumping down the hallway to my room, "Maria!" Oh God, he was drunk again. I stuffed the rest of the things in my bag and opened my window. I felt a strong hand clamp down on my shoulder, trying to pull me back inside. I turned around, punching him in the face sending us falling backward. I fell to the ground outside and started running into the woods.
I didn't care where I was going I just needed to leave. Leave this horrid place I called a life. My father hitting me, my mother neglecting me and both of them arguing and blaming. No more...no more. Benedict wasn't home, I had no place to go but our secret place. I was done, what was I to do? I couldn't escape this horrid life.
Benedict tried, oh he tried so hard. I slumped down against the tree, fumbling through my bag and pulled out a notebook, scribbling down a few words. Tears started to stream down my face one after another. My cell phone rang, it was Ben. I answered it, "Hello?"
"I have made a decision."
"You have?"
"You're living with me. I can't stand the fact that you have to deal with those evil people. Meet me at my house, darling. I'll be waiting."
I couldn't believe it, I looked down at the folded paper in my hands, I pushed it deep into the open hole of the tree. No one would ever know, he would never know.
"I'll be there as soon as I can." I hung up the phone and ran out of the woods, I was going home! Home to a person who really loved me, welcomed me..."AHHH!"
Flashing headlights came into view as I crossed the street. My evil Father was the last image I had seen. I laid there, muttering a silent prayer and was taken up by a bright light.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Benedict and I were walking the streets of London like lost children. That feeling didn't wear away, the feeling that I was invincible to the world's arrows. I looked up at Ben, a slight frown of deep thought written upon his face. "Did you love her?" I asked.
He looked at me and took a deep breath, "I did, yes." He tapped my hand that I looped through his arm.
"Do you not want to talk about it?"
"Its alright, (y/n). it's the past. I know I did nothing wrong and that I did all I could for her."
"What was she like?"
He pulled me close as we walked, "She was magnificent girl. Long brown hair and bright green eyes like stained glass. She would always come into my music class late and most of the time she didn't sing."
"Oh?"
"Yes. One day I just got fed up with it and pulled her aside to remove her from my class...Then I found out what was going on. She lived in a dysfunctional family and I wanted to help her."
"Like you did with me."
"Like I did with you." he hugged me. "Just don't send me a letter-" I kissed him so I would hush what he was about to say.
"No I wont." He smiled at me and he pulled me into a Panera Bread shop. "Oooh... Why did you put me in here." I said a little excited and a little bit bewildered.
"Well, I know its your favorite place."
"I know...But the Bagels are making me flabby." I said patting my tummy. He laughed and wrapped his arms around me, "I do not see as you called it 'flab' anywhere." he said prodding my stomach making me giggle. "Haha! Ben...stop." He chuckled and hugged me close to kiss me, "Come on. Lets get a coffee and head home, love."
We bought our food and left for home afterwards. It wasn't too long of a date but it was the sweetest I have ever had. "I fancy a movie on Netflix, curl up with my favorite girl and fall asleep." Ben shuffled with the keys and opened the door to see that our place on the couch had been taken by Jules and her new beau. "Well, do you mind skipping the movie and go straight to bed?"
"That is fine with me. I trust you."
Ben turned off the TV and we both headed upstairs.