Intruder

Ben left the house and drove off, "I have to go home and get some clothes..."
Jules didn't waste any time taking my hand and leading me out the door, "Yay! I love raiding your closet." she said as we walked back to my house.
"So how was your date with uncle Ben?"
"Magical."
"I bet it was...I'm going to have to go with you guys next time. We should double date next time."
"Okay. That sounds like a good idea."
I turned the key and opened the door into the house and up the stairs.
"Go ahead, raid away."
Jules opened my closet and started to pick out some clothes. "Does Ben have bikes?"
Jules stopped and looked at me, "Oops. Nope."
I laughed at her expression, "Its fine, there's a couple in the garage we can use."
"Yay! Best friend saves the day." Jules went in the bathroom to change and I picked up my phone to see my text messages. It was to be expected that Marcus sent me a million texts telling me he wanted me back, he was sorry, it was my fault and he misses me. Wow, this jackass just doesn't take a hint.
I was so glad it was over between us, but I was getting a bit worried about how forceful he was becoming. I know there was no need to worry because I was with Ben and Jules all the time, but what if he caught me alone?
"I'm ready." Jules came out and seen my thoughtful expression. "What is going on?"
"Its Marcus texting me." he had just sent a brand new text, "You better watch your back. You're mine and I'll kill anyone who tries to get close to you." I read.
"Ok, that just gave me chills." Jules replied with a sickening feeling in the pit of her stomach. "We need to call the police."
"He's just saying this to scare me."
"Regardless. We need to show this to my uncle. Marcus knows you're close to him."
"Okay. Screen shot it."
Jules took out her phone and took a picture of the text and sent it to Ben. It was only a few seconds when he called us, "Hello?" Jules put him on speaker.
"Where are you two right now?"
"We are at (y/n)'s house."
"Okay. I want you two to walk back to my house, stay on the phone until you get there."
"Ben? Are you at school?"
"Not yet but I'm turning around right now. If anything happens in the slightest, keep that message and call the police."
"Okay."
We descended the stairs and locked the front door, "Out the back." I told her. We headed to the back door in the kitchen but I turned around, "What?"
"Follow me."
"But-"
"Now, Jules." I took her down to the basement and locked the door. Ben was still on the phone, "What's going on."
"He's here, Ben. He must have followed me again. Whatever you do, don't go home."
"I'm heading to your house right now, guys. I want you to hang up and call the police. I'll be there soon."
"I can call on my other-" I nearly jumped when I heard a loud thump in the kitchen. My eyes widened with sheer terror, "Get down stairs Jules, carefully."
"Uncle, stay quiet."
We both crept down the stairs as quietly as we could, I handed my phone to Jules to call the police. "The closet Jules." I said making a step creek.
"(y/n)! where the hell are you?" Marcus yelled, "You can't hide from me."
"911. What is your emergency?"
"Shh!" Jules hushed the person on the other end, "I'm with my friend and there is an intruder in her house."
"(y/n). I know you're here. I know you've been hanging out with that dick of a choir teacher!"
"What part of the house are you in?"
"The basement." Jules replied trying to keep her voice quiet and loud enough for the operator to hear.
"Okay, is there a door or a window you can escape from in this basement?"
"What the hell kind of question is that? Send the police!" Jules said in a hushed tone.
"I am miss, we have your location from your phone signal. Is there a window?"
I looked around to see a small window but it didn't have a hatch to open it with, "it doesn't open."
Another loud thump came from against the basement door. "I can hear you!"
I started to tremble, oh God. I rushed to look for something to break the window with, "he found us."
"(y/n)? break the window." I heard Ben's voice on the other phone. "I'm right outside the back door."
"Ben, don't go in. Please."
"Don't worry, just break the window. Do you trust me?" he asked. My head was swimming in fear and clouded with anxiety, the door broke and I didn't think twice, I ran my fist through the window and tore away the glass, "Jules, get out now!"
"What the-"
"NOW!" I pulled her towards me and hoisted her up as she crawled out. She held out her hand and tried pulling me up, I started to crawl out but I was abruptly pulled back inside, "(y/n)!!"
"You stupid little whore! You honestly think you can escape from me?" he backed me up against the wall and tore off my shirt. "You're mine."
"LEAVE HER ALONE!!" Ben lunged at him and they both started to fight, "Run, (y/n)!"
I stood there in shock trying to get my brain to tell my feet to move but I couldn't. What was wrong with me? Once he had Marcus far enough away from me, he took me by the arm and led me up the stairs. "Go, get outside!"
I stumbled outside and Jules caught me, "(y/n)." A few police cars arrived and they swarmed inside.
Ben had Marcus pinned to the wall, "Stop this right now!" he screamed in his face.
"Both of you freeze with your hands in the air!"
Marcus dropped to the floor as Ben held his hands up, they were both escorted out of the house, Jules and I ran towards Ben.
"Do you know this man?"
"He's my uncle. We called him when Marcus sent us a text." Jules handed the officer my phone with the message. The officer took it for evidence and called for an ambulance, "Oh my God, (y/n). your arm." Jules looked down at the arm that I smashed the window with. Ben's eyes went wide and I looked down, "ooh!"
My legs gave way and they both caught me, "We need some help!" He took me up in his arms and carried me to the ambulance that had finally shown up. The noises I heard started to sound muffled, my vision started getting cloudy and everything eventually went black.