Remember Me? - Adam

High school.

A weird time, to say the least. Unlike the majority, however, you quite enjoyed it. You found the classes easy (when you actually tried) and had a nice group of friends. You weren't a part of any sort of clique, or deemed popular, but you also weren't bullied or hated on in any way. You went through everyday with a chilled approach and people seemed to like you for it. Like anyone, you kept close with some people, and others had completely slipped your mind.

It had been 10 years since you left your High School. Aged just sixteen with a place at University, the world was at your feet. You went through four years at uni, studying Television Production and loving every second. You felt that you were cheating, that you needed to be hating some part of your life, but you just didn't. Like school, you had a secure group of friends at University that you spend a lot of time with, whether it be going out or just enjoying each other's company.

Since leaving uni you hadn't fell into a secure job, but instead worked through a company for the time being, picking up work experience on the side. Work experience was key and you looked forward to it every time an opportunity came up. The most exciting one by far had just been offered to you in an email, and you accepted quicker than you could read it. A four week training course working on a popular UK chat show, working in post-production and also as a runner for the guests. You couldn't believe your luck and informed them quickly of when you could start. They wanted you to start immediately.

*

It was your first day. You nervously walk into the studio and find the man who you've been exchanging emails with, who greets you kindly and directs you to where you'll be working most days.

'So, Y/N, we were really impressed with your application for the course. We want to incorporate two roles of television crew into your experience, firstly having you as a runner and then we will move you in with the editors to work on some post-production.' He explains.

'Awesome. Thank you so much.' You reply.

He directs you around the studio and gives you your schedule - a busy day, exciting nonetheless.

You start your day well, tending to people who you'd never heard of but enjoying it thoroughly. It wasn't until the afternoon when you were met with your first challenge that things started to get difficult. 

You were handed a slip of paper with tonight's guests, reading through a couple of names that felt familiar was exciting until you saw the penultimate guests: The 1975.

You had never listened to any of their songs by choice, you weren't a fan, but the name still gave you shivers. You had gone to high school with all four members of the band who now had made a serious name for themselves, they were famous, and you were going to have to see them again.

It's not like you had any trouble with any of them, they probably wouldn't even recognise you. You never mixed in with their group, they avoided the typical troubles of the cocky boys and their accompanying girlfriends, and instead locked themselves in the music rooms whenever possible. It was comforting to hear their voices and instruments as you walked through the corridors between periods. No one really paid attention to them back then. Now, however, they were a big deal and you could already sense the awkwardness, they weren't even at the studio yet.

An hour had passed and you had everything prepared. The universe decided it hated you and you were put as the first assistant to the entire band. You had to greet them, tend to their requests and guide them from dressing room to studio. You felt like quitting there and then.

'No, Y/N.' You tell yourself. 'Be brave.'

You take a deep breath as you are told that they have arrived. You place on your headset and make your way to the entrance.