Platonic - George

'Come on, Y/N, bus is leaving.'

You heard a distant voice call to you as you slowly woke up from your supposed nap, which you accidentally took for half the day. Life was busy, you never really had time to rest so when the afternoon cleared up you couldn't help but sleep. This had unfortunately now been interrupted by one of your best friends in a bid to get you onto the coach that would take you to your next planned location.

You had been on tour with your best friends for three months and had been having the most amazing time. You had known The 1975, or your closest friends, since secondary school and went basically everywhere with them. It was strange calling them by their band name, to you they were just the same four boys who you'd spend most hours of the day with when you were 16.

You didn't really have any girl friends when you were younger, you grew up with Matty, Ross, Adam and George as your group. You shared most life experiences together, smoking and drinking for the first time, leaving school, wingmanning them into losing their virginities and vise versa. It was never more than platonic with any of them, the feeling was mutual, you were basically treated like another one of the boys.
You befriended their many girlfriends that came and went, other than the ones who were instant red flags. They took your honest advice, knowing you had their best interests at heart, and you the same.
Matty and Adam's long term girlfriends were good friends of yours, and you often found yourself getting along with whoever Ross was occupying himself with at the time. George, however, seemed to be with girls that you couldn't get on with. Or just wouldn't.
It's not like you were actively refusing to be friends with them, you were perfectly nice and spoke well of them when questioned by him. In yourself, however, you felt a sense of resentment, and you were never sure why. He just always seemed to be with girls that were the polar opposite of you.

'He's trying to convince himself that he doesn't like your type of girl.' Matty's girlfriend once said.

You had looked at her confusedly, but hadn't got any further explanation after Matty had put his hand over her mouth and told her to say no more.

Nothing had come of that conversation, it was a passing comment and you hadn't questioned it further, it didn't feel worth it.

You dragged yourself off of the sofa to meet the boys, preparing yourself for their teasing of your sleeping antics.

'Look who's decided to show up finally.' You hear Ross before you've even turned the corner to meet them outside the bus.

You reply to the comment by flipping him off before heading onto the bus and jumping into the top bunk, your dedicated bed for the entire tour.

'You have work to do madame. Can't just be sleeping all day.' Matty jokes as he prods your side.

He's annoying, but he's right.

You had just come out of a four year university degree with no ideas for the direction of your life. You had studied the ins and outs of digital production but had no motivation to work in the field as a day job, and instead found yourself feeling sorry for yourself most days.
You found comfort in confiding in your friends, George especially. A particularly difficult day had led to him holding you as you cried into his chest, expressing your anxieties about your life having no direction, no meaning. He felt bad and desperately wanted to help, miraculously thinking of a brilliant idea.

'Y/N, why don't you come on tour with us?' He had said.
'What?'
'You've just studied cameras and shit for years, why don't you take our tour photos? You could make tour diaries, documentary type things. You know you'd be amazing at it and we would all want you around anyway.'

And that was it.

The tour bus set off for London after the boys had played in Birmingham, so not too far of a trip. You felt awful, however. The grogginess from sleeping had overlayed into the rest of the day which was further accompanied by a headache. You hadn't felt so crap in such a long time and you had a lot of photos to edit for some press release coming up.