Spiked - Matty

You wanted nothing more than your bed.

It was late, you had been at work all day and had completely forgotten that you agreed to go to a party with your best friend.

She had been invited by a boy she'd been blabbering on about for weeks and wouldn't have ever forgiven you if you cancelled. You had to travel to her house around an hour away and drop your things off for the night, so there was no escape home either.

So, here you are. A large, dark room packed with sweaty bodies, it stank of alcohol and body odour and you just wanted to close your eyes and sleep. You had been chatted up by several randoms, all pushing their bodies towards yours and asking the same generic questions.

It was easier to go along with it, you found. Denying them of chat only hurts their ego, so giving them some satisfaction of a response would lead to a smoother sailing evening.

Apart from one. He was instantly overconfident, a red flag in your eyes. He grabbed your waist hard, leaving a bruise for sure, and shouted loudly in your ear. You could feel his saliva land on your face as he yelled slurred words towards you. You politely attempted to leave the crowd before he began to follow you, giving up once he took the hint, or so you presumed.

The strobe lights were accompanying the loud music in giving you a piercing headache, the movement of people all around you causing your body to feel unattached from your mind. You had never felt so spaced out in your entire life, the feel of the music worsening the sensations. You felt clammy, cold, overall disgusting.

Taking a step outside, the cold air helped to settle your stomach but the clammy feelings remain. The dazed feeling was worsening and you feel more tired than ever, slumping your freezing body against
the wall as you feel your eyelids close.

'Oi. Helloooo. Wake up.' You hear an unfamiliar voice shout at you.

You stir and blink as you examine what's in front of you.

A man you'd never met was crouched beside you, waving his hand in front of your face and shining a light in your face.

'Are you alright?' He asks.

You couldn't remember how to reply, your brain couldn't register his face well enough to make out any features but you discover you can move your limbs. You lift your arm and rest it on his, hoping and praying he'd understand your cry for help.

You're completely out of it, your body feels like it's on fire, everything's dark.

You lurch forwards suddenly and you feel everything you had consumed in the last day make its way out, confirmed by the gut wrenching sound of the vomit as it hit the floor, as well as the stranger who was trying his best to help you.

'I'm... so... sorry.' You manage to whisper as you see him grumble and wipe himself down before tutting and pulling you off of the floor.

You hear another voice coming from behind him as the door next to you opens.

'Hey Matty. Out here for a cig?' He asks before looking at you. 'Oh. Is she alright?'

The guy who's been with you for a while now mumbles something in response, you only pick up on a few sentences as he rants to his friend.

'Out of her system now... drink spiked probably... that guy who's been following girls around... nearest hospital.'

You focus on his words as you feel your body slip back into the darkness you felt earlier, the voices becoming more muffled and distant as you heavily sank into the ground yet again.

'Oi, oi, oi girl. Stay awake.' You hear as you slip back into your previous state of unconsciousness.

You've never been more confused, there are people surrounding you, someone holding your hand. You look and recognise the kind stranger from earlier, soothing you by rubbing your back and squeezing your hand as nurses tend to you, however you're not sure what for.