Epilogue

It was June. I sat on a sandy hill looking out at the waves looking back on my crazy and wild ride ending at the beginning of my story.

The fraternity created a new by law that allowed everyone no matter what your orientation was the opportunity to join.

After the dust had settled at the finals I took the time to talk to my parents apologizing that I didn't mean to do it in such a public way. It was needless to say they were both flummoxed where not only was their son was gay but was having a same sex relationship with his swimming coach. My Dad had a few heated private words with Dan in his office but eventually we both talked him down where Dan stated how much he loved me and would never do anything to hurt me.

It was shortly after Dan got reinstated as head swim coach that we mutually decided to take a breather until we were both able to sort out our new normal.

Fortunately, the rest of the school year was uneventful and said my goodbyes to Marty hoping that we could be roommates again next year.

I turned holding up my hand to avoid the glare of the sun seeing a figure walking up the beach. It was Dan.

"I thought I would find you here," he said, sitting down beside me.

"You know me too well now," I said, letting out a small laugh. "So what's the fallout with Kevin?"

"We found out that he'd been taking hGH for several months to improve his performance. He is at least banned from the team for all of next year."

"What about you?"

"Rachel left me, "Dan said, looking sullen. "She's divorcing me."

"God, I'm sorry."

"It was for the best," he answered, nodding his head to me then turning to look out at the water.

"So where does that leave us?"

"I don't know," Dan answered, gazing back at me. "I was going to leave that up to you."

I sat in thought for a few moments turning back to him shrugging my shoulders and said, "One day at a time?"

"One day at a time."

He held my hand pulling me up where we wrapped our fingers intertwining beginning to take a stroll down the beach.

I didn't know what the future held for me but at least now I knew it would be an authentic life.

                                                                               THE END

Thanks to everyone who has taken an interest in reading my story. Ironically, I am a straight guy. : < ) Also like to thank one of my two new followers, Croque Cannelle for giving me the motivation to keep working. With as many reads that I have received it has exceeded my expectations.

If you have an interest in reading more check out my first gay fiction. A short story "Tale of Two Surfers" or if you have an interest in supernatural stories take a look at "Devil's Pact: A Writer's Tale" inspired by "Faust" or my ghostly short story "The Lighthouse." I also have a longer novel length story called "Curse of the Mummy"

If you are interested in my other LGBTQ+ stories here is my newest one

Andrew and Chris were long time college roommates and buddies. It didn't matter that Andrew was straight and Chris was gay Chris could never help but feel something for him. So what happens when one day Andrew asks Chris to be his best man at his upcoming wedding in the Hamptons and his old feelings of love for him resurface?