Can't help falling in love (Reset! Steven x Reader)

(Small note: Reset Steven is where he doesn't remember who the gems are and stuff! He also doesn't remember other feelings except for happiness, it's basically like when the gems rebooted! You're trying to help Steven get both his memories and feelings back.)

(Requested?: Nope, i just randomly got this idea-)

(Your POV)

I walked over to Steven's house with a small grin on my face. We were gonna hangout today! Now if you're wondering who I am, my name is (Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N). I've been best friends with Steven ever since I moved in Beach City! I then walked up the steps and went to the front door, I knocked and tapped my foot a bit. Pearl opened the door with having a small nervous look on her face, I decided to question it "Pearl? What's wrong?"

I asked curiously, Pearl hesitated to speak until she then sighed and looked at me "Well you see (Y/N)....Steven-" I cut her off with a gasp "DID SOMETHING HAPPEN TO HIM?!" I exclaimed, Pearl shook her head a bit and then slowly nodded "No....?...Yes...?" She said, unsure.

I then had a concerned look on my face, I walked inside and sighed "Steven?!" I called out, A familiar puffy haired boy, popped out of his bed and tilted his head, having a wide grin "Who are you? How do you know my name?" He eagerly asked. I was very confused "Steven, it's me...(Y/N)? Your best friend??" I asked with a small hurtful look.

(Steven's POV)

I was just playing around with a thing that looks like some sort of animal until I heard my name being called out. "Steven?!" The voice shouted, making me pop out of my bed, I grinned slightly "Who are you? How do you know my name?" I asked, getting out of the bed. The person then frowned slightly, Is that an emotion? "Steven, it's me...(Y/N)? Your best friend??" The girl asked, I was confused "Friend...?" I repeated. She nods "Yeah!"

I squinted my eyes "What's a friend...?" I asked, her eye twitched slightly and she looked like as if she's seen a ghost. I started to worry slightly.

Worry: give way to anxiety or unease; allow one's mind to dwell on difficulty or troubles.

"Hey! Hey! Don't uh...don't..." I had no idea what was streaming down her face, it looked like a waterfall....waterfalls are pretty- Steven! Snap put of it! This girl's crying! I hugged her, unknowingly..she hugged back, still letting out the waters that are coming out of her eyes, I felt as if a chip of my heart broke, is this a feeling..? Sadness...?

Surprise: (of something unexpected) cause (someone) to feel mild astonishment or shock.

Sadness: the condition or quality of being sad.

I sighed and kept hugging her tight, I then let go of her and smiled slightly. I wiped her tears as her cheeks tinted a light pink, making me giggle "Awww! That's so cute!!" I chirped out happily, making her flush even more "Shut up!! That's embarrassing!!" She retorted and crossed her arms.

Embarrassment: a feeling of self-consciousness, shame, or awkwardness.

I then giggled again and squished her cheeks "No, not until you admit you're cute!!" I said and smiled widely, Pearl then sighed and walked over to the both of us. Pulling us both away from each other, I grumbled slightly "Hey! No fair!" I whined out while flailing my arms. Pearl just sighed and mumble something before letting us both go, she whispered something to (Y/N) as she nodded, staring at me with a blush covering her face.

She looks really cute...

She walked up to me and smiled slightly, grabbing my hand and lead me out of the house, she then started to walk around, we hanged out and such...We then headed back to beach, sitting down on the sand, she looked and me and smiled weakly.

(Your POV)

I smiled weakly at Steven "So don't you remember anything at all?" I questioned, Steven shook his head and had a sad expression on his face. I sighed "Not even the time you thought you got powers from cookie cat? The watermelon Stevens? Anything at all?" I asked, hoping he could remember atleast one of those events.

My heart sunk when he shook his head, I then sighed and mumble small things to calm myself down. I then looked at Steven to see he was making something with flowers on his hands, I chuckle a bit and took out my ukulele, playing a small song.

Wise men say...Only fools rush in~
But I can't help~
Falling in love with you...

I smiled as I kept playing.

(Steven's POV)

I was making a flowercrown for (Y/N) to apologize a bit to her, I heard a faint voice singing which made me perk up, I looked at (Y/N) with a surprised look. That song sounds familiar....

Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin?
For i, can't help~
Falling in love with you~

I started to blush slightly as I stared at her, dropping my flowercrown almost immediately, memories started to flash through me. Wait...(Y/N)! SHE WAS MY BEST FRIEND! SHE- SHE- Was she singing for....for me...? I grabbed the flowercrown as she kept singing.

Like the river flows~
Surely to the sea~
Darling so it goes,
Some things....are meant to be~

I held her hand which made her perk up and look at me, she stopped singing so I continued for her.

Take my...hand..~
Take my whole...life...too~
For I can't help.....

I leaned in and caught her in a kiss. I blushed quite alot actually...I'm betting she did as well, I pulled away and smiled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. She looked at me, speechlees. She then playfully punched my shoulder and laughed. I chuckled too, I love her so much~

Falling in love....with...you..~

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

Annnnd scene! So what do you guys think?! Was it okay?! I hope it was!! Also, i'm sorry if this made no sense whatsoever!! Anyway, hope you enjoyed this fanfic and i'll see you next time!! Stay bright!!
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟