Love you, Dork

(Requested by: Peablezzzzzzzz)

(Your POV)

Hey, the name's (Y/N). I just moved in Beach City a few weeks ago and dared not to step a foot to the outside world. You see, I was kind of a socially awkward person and i'm the kind of person who doesn't like making friends for..specific reasons. Anyway, I guess my mom had enough of me staying all alone so she basically forced me to go outside.

Before I could complain, she nervously smiled at me, giving me some money "H-hope you have a g-good day!" She stuttered out and quickly closed the door. I looked at the money she gave me and sighed 'welp, might as well do something out here..' I thought to myself as I started walking around town.

I earned a few greeting here and there, making me grunt slightly. I got some donuts from The Big Donut. I guess this place wasn't so bad...I got over to the beach itself and sat on the sand, enjoying the calming aura that was being presented right now...I then heard footsteps approach me. "Hello there~!" I heard a voice chirp out happily to me, I turned around and saw a boy wearing a pink jacket, having a blue shirt with a star for the inner clothing. I tilted my head.

"I haven't seen you around here! Hi! The name's Steven!" The boy introduced himself, he had a huge grin plastered on his face. I shook my head slightly and got up, dusting myself off, I stared at the boy's hand and then back at his smile. I turned away from him and walked my own way, leaving him confused...probably..

(Steven's POV)

I was just having a normal day, fighting off gems, eating donuts..y'know, the usual stuff I do everyday! I was humming a soft tune whilst I walked over to the Beach House, I then saw a girl all alone eating donuts to herself. 'She seems lonely...maybe I could go up to her! Maybe be her friend!'

I thought to myself as I skipped over to her "Hello there~!" I said with a wide grin plastered on my face. The girl perked up and turned around, she was chewing something as she looked at me, I then stuck out my hand for her to shake. "I haven't seen you around here! Hi! The name's Steven!" I said, still having my normal -grin. She stood up, shaking her head slightly. She eyed my hand and to me, she sighed and walked away from me. I was confused.

I awkwardly placed my hand back into my hoodie pocket, sighing slightly. I then heard a familiar voice "Hey schtu-ball!" I heard my dad say as he walked up to me. I turned around and waved slightly "Hey dad!" I said while smiling lightly. Dad smiled as well "I saw what happened back there buddy." He said, making me blush in embarrassment. "O-oh that! It was nothing!" I stuttered out, my voice cracked slightly as I spoke. Dad noticed this and chuckled "Listen bud, it's just one person! You can have so much more!" He said while smiling at me. I sighed and looked at him. Determination filling my tone.

"I must be her friend."

I said. Dad was surprised slightly, but then he chuckled and shook his head "Oh gosh..Okay schtu-ball, whatever you say!" He said with a small supporting smile. I smiled back and hugged him, he hugged back.

This is where our friendship-denial war began.

(No One's POV)

And it was so. The boy had tried countless times to gain the girl's attention, as well as her friendship but it was no avail. He found out that she liked staying inside more, making him come to her house and bring gifts. She did sometimes accept the gifts and some she would ignore, making Steven slightly sad.

Steven would often get teased about her being his lover, making him be pretty embarrassed and blush. He did wave it off however. (Y/N) would often feel pretty bad when Steven got teased or when he brought a gift. She never understood why he was putting so much effort into gaining her friendship. It was pretty confusing.