iii. we are too fucking elite

CHAPTER THREE
[iii. WE ARE TOO FUCKING ELITE ]
REAL LIFE

          JESSE BOLT WAS NEVER a heavy sleeper. She didn't wake up to the littlest nosies, but when Jaeden Martell dropped a pot on the ground in the kitchen and yelled a 'shit!', she sure as hell woke up. She looked over to see Sophia still sleeping peacefully, and Jesse held in a giggle. The girl rolled out of the bed, letting out a quiet yelp as she fell onto the floor. She did not mean for that to happen. Thankfully, she landed onto one of the blankets she had thrown on the floor when she got too hot in the middle of the night.

          She stood up and stretched her limbs, walking away from the mess of her bed. She would fix it later. The girl pulled the sleeves of her sweatshirt over her hands as she quietly walked out of the room, making her way into the kitchen. She noticed Jaeden there, staring at the pot he had over the stove, struggling on what to do now. A giggle escaped from her mouth and he turned around to the source of the voice.

          He sent her a small smile before looking back at the pot and speaking. "Hey, Jess. I'm trying to make breakfast. They're all heavy sleepers, so I didn't think when I dropped the pan. I thought you would be one, too."

          "It's fine, Jae." She spoke, walking over to the stove. "I'll help you. If you wanna make eggs, well, first light the stove."

          Jaeden sent her an embarrassed look and did as he was told. He watched as she poured some oil into the pan. He then got the eggs ready and cracked them into the pan. She spoke, asking a question. "We can make waffles. Do you have a waffle iron?"

          "Um, I think so." He answered as he checked the cabinets. He let out a noise of triumph that made Jesse smile as he pulled it out. "Here it is." He said as he placed it on the counter and plugged it in, waiting for it to heat up.

          As he did this, Jesse pulled out the ingredients for waffle mix. "Okay, watch the eggs for me, Jae. I'm gonna make waffle mix for the waffles, and I'm gonna make maybe like 10-12 of them."

          Jaeden watched the eggs, making sure they didn't burn. However, his gaze fixated itself onto Jesse instead. She was a really pretty girl. Her hair looked as if it was originally brown, but dyed with highlights. She wore a grey champion sweater and red lululemon shorts. They were kind of short, but Jaeden wasn't complaining. He mentally yelled at himself for thinking that.

          "Also, I don't really like eggs, so you don't have to make me any." She told him with a smile, pouring some of the mix into the waffle iron. She closed it, and as she waited for it to cook, she looked through the cupboards for plates. She grabbed big ones so that it could fit the egg as well as the waffles. She had grabbed 6, seeing as there were six of them at the cabin.

          The waffle finished and she put it on one of the plates. She then handed it over to Jaeden who put an egg on it. While she poured more batter into the waffle iron, she looked in the fridge and found strawberries. A grin made its way onto her lips as she began to cut them in fours. She placed them on the plate where there was space.

          The two continued to do this until they had six plates filled. They placed them on the dinner table, and once it was set, Jaeden began to place cups at every plate. While he did this, Jesse grabbed Nutella and put it at the center of the table where they were going to place the drink options; orange juice and water.

          Once they had totally finished, they both grinned as they looked at their work of art. Jesse threw an arm over Jaeden's shoulder. "We are too fucking elite." Her and Jaeden looked at each other before bursting out into laughter.

          They then proceeded to wake up their friends. Once everyone was awake and they caught sight of the food, they groaned in a good way, and yelled thank you's. Jaeden and Jesse sat next to each other. They giggled as they heard Jack say 'you guys are like our parents.'