xv. i'm sorry

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
[ xv. I'M SORRY ]
REAL LIFE | TEXT MESSAGES

A LARGE SIGH FELL from Jesse Bolt's lips as she sat in a circle on the floor in her room with her best friends, Lexi Jayde, Maddie Ziegler, and Lily Chee. It was shaped more like a weird oval due to the fact that there were four of them. The girls had, had four sleepovers so far into the month, all of them seeming to have problems that they needed to talk about and in need of comfort. Lexi was having problems with her music, Maddie was afraid that one of her friends was developing feelings for her, and Lily thought that her parents wanted to move out of LA. Once they weighed out all of the evidence given to them by Lily, they came to the conclusion that the chances of her moving were very slim. Now that the biggest problem was out of the way, it was time for the second biggest; Jesse's problem with Jaeden Martell.

          "Guys, I think I'm finally gonna unblock him." Jesse stated, looking at the girls for opinions. It had been a week since Jesse had blocked Jaeden and she had been feeling extremely guilty. She was also missing him really badly. There was no one to send her stupid memes; tell her stories about all the stupid stuff that happened on set, and no one to give her that weird feeling inside where it felt as if someone had flipped her tummy upside down. Jesse missed Jaeden, and she genuinely felt as if it was time to forgive him.

          Maddie was the first to speak. "I think that's a great idea. We all can tell you miss him, you're dry on FaceTime and on text and you're always sad. I think if you just let him explain, he'll give a good reason for his actions, or at least a semi-good one. He's not a bad kid, I remember how sweet he was when we filmed The Book of Henry."

          Jesse sighed in relief, glad that Maddie was on board with Jesse's opinion. She then turned to face Lexi, who had began to speak after Maddie. "I agree with Maddie. You're always moping around nowadays. Jaeden used to make you happy, and you need that happiness back."

          "Jesse, we can all tell how much you like him. It's so evident in when you talk about him. It's as if you're lost in a trance just thinking about him." Lily added. "Honestly, unblock him right now."

          The brunettes eyes widened. "Right now?"

          "Yes!" The girls exclaimed in unison. Jesse grabbed her phone from the floor next to her and opened it, checking the time. She cringed to see that it was ten o'clock, and wasn't sure if Jaeden would even answer her. She went onto instagram first, unblocking him. Then, she shakily pressed on the messages app. Jesse unblocked the boy, and began to type.

TEXT MESSAGES

jess<3
hey jae, it's me

jae<3
jess????

jess<3
i want to apologize

jae<3
there's no need to apologize,
sophia helped me understand.
i need to be the one apologizing
AND explaining

jess<3
i'm sorry jae for blocking you
and everything. you were trying
to explain and i was being a brat

jae<3
i don't think you were being a
brat jess you were just upset

jess<3
thanks jae. i'm sorry for posting
that pic with johnny, it was just
to get back at you, i was jealous

jae<3
i understand jesse. what happened
was i immediately regretted telling
u i thought our hangout was not a
date. so i thought if i made you
jealous you would text me back. it's
stupid, i know. so, i went over to lilia's
and posted that picture. i didn't mean
for it to get that far. i'm sorry. (also
ik ur probably wondering so yes i did
apologize to lilia and there's no hard
feelings)

jess<3
so you wanted it to be a date?

jae<3
of course i did!!!

jess<3
how about next time ur in LA
we go on an official date

jae<3
i like that idea :)

jess<3
:) <3