bonus. happy new year!

CABIN!
[ bonus. HAPPY NEW YEAR! ]
REAL LIFE

THE SMELL OF ALCOHOL AND mixed perfumes and colognes filled Jesse Bolt's lungs as she walked into an AirBnB, one she wasn't even sure of who had rented out for the night. The large house was full of teenagers ranging from the ages of 15-18, all celebrating the start of a New Year. Jesse had been quite late, arriving with one of her best friends, Lexi Jayde, at 11:36. The two girls quickly pushed through the crowds of people, finding it hard to search for Maddie and Lily in the dark lighting. The DJ blared a Post Malone song that Jesse hummed to, making sure to hold Lexi's hand so she didn't lose her in the crowd. Jesse pulled out her phone, rereading a text from Maddie that she had sent two minutes ago about where in the house they were. The answer didn't help, obviously, as it was hard to find things when there were many tall people.

Lexi let out a squeal when she spotted their friends, taking over by dragging Jesse towards them. Jesse let out a sigh of relief, sticking her phone back into her bra, as her dress had no pockets and she stupidly did not bring a purse.

"You guys look so good!" Jesse squealed as she examined Lily and Maddie before engulfing them in a hug. After they parted, Jesse looked to see who they were talking to before she and Lexi had arrived. Immediately, she spotted Finn and Jaeden, seeing Millie Bobby Brown and Sadie Sink afterwards. A few other actors and web stars surrounded them, Jesse starting small talk with some of them.

The time struck 11:54, and Jesse had somehow found herself standing in front of Jaeden after finishing a conversation with Sofia Wylie, a girl she absolutely adored. Since the clock got closer and closer to midnight, the DJ had changed the song to one a little more quiet, meaning Jesse was able to hear his words easier.

"Hey," Jaeden breathed out after taking in her appearance. The girl in front of him wore a red, long-sleeved sequined bodycon dress that had a v-neckline. The dress was paired with silver jewelry and black heels. Jaeden took note of how beautiful the girl looked despite how her curled hair had slightly been messed up from the pushes of the crowds and her phone sticking out from the cut in her dress. It took all his might to not kiss the girl in front of him, completely awestruck by her beauty.

"Jae," Jesse murmured as she snaked her arms around his neck, the boy automatically bringing his around her waist. People had began to slow dance as The Night We Met by Lord Huron blared through the speakers. Jesse felt calm in his arms, a small smile fighting its way into her face.

"You – you look really pretty, Jess." The boy swallowed, steadily moving with the girl in front of him.

Their bodies were pressed against each other's as they swayed, Jesse not having to speak loudly for him to hear her. "Thanks. You look good."

Jesse watched the boy's Adam's Apple move as he gulped, his mouth dry as he thought about what to say. There were millions of things he could've said, but he didn't know what was right. She wasn't his, he couldn't say anything he wanted. So, he just opted on being quiet as he stared at her adoringly, admiring her strong features.

The song changed as it came to an end, the clock now striking 11:58. Jesse sucked in a breath, knowing she didn't have a lot of time. Music would play for a little bit over a minute, and then they would count down to the New Year.

"Jaeden, I've been thinking a lot about what happened at Sophia's party–"

Jaeden frowned, feeling his grip around her waist loosen. "Jesse, I understand if you don't want to be with me. I just don't understand why you would dance with me. I was starting to think I had a chan–"

Jesse cut off his soft words with a small laugh. "Let me finish, Jae."

The boy closed his mouth, letting Jesse speak. "Jaeden, I've been thinking a lot about it–"

Once again, she was cut off, but not by Jaeden. The people around her parted away from their slow dance partners and began to chat numbers that flashed on a screen. There was 30 seconds until 2020 would begin, a new decade of her life.

Jesse felt her heart beat accelerate, unwrapping her arms around from his neck. She spoke to him, but he couldn't hear her over the chants. "I want to be with you."

The girl's eyes rolled as he looked at her in confusion, her words not being heard by him.

"10.. 9.. 8.." The crowd of teens yelled, their phones out as they recorded.

Jesse sighed as she decided to start the new decade right. She joined in with the teens as they chanted, her eyes following the numbers decreasing on the screen as it played the ball drop in New York, a rerun of when it actually happened because New York was three hours ahead of LA.

"3! 2! 1!" They yelled. "Happy New Year!"

Jesse grinned, her hands finding their way on Jaeden's cheeks, taking him off guard as her lips combined with his. Eventually, his arms tightened around her waist as he held her close.

Sparks flew, literally and figuratively, as their lips locked. Cheers around her were heard for the New Year, and Jesse was sure she heard her best friend's cheering for her.

They kissed for a little bit longer than usual before parting, their breaths heavy as they wore large smiles on their faces.

"I'm going to start this decade right." Jesse spoke, her face close to his as she did so. "Jaeden, I want to be with you. I'm not scared. I really like you."

The taller boy's smile was wide as he stared at Jesse. "I really like you too, and I want to start the decade right as well. Jesse, I want to be your boyfriend. Not someone you're talking to. I want you to be mine."

Jesse gave the boy a chaste peck on the lips before nodding. "I want to be yours. And, I am now. Come on, let's celebrate the year, Jae."

"I guess going to my cabin wasn't a mistake after all, was it?"

Jesse rolled her eyes playfully. "No, it was not."

hi!! i felt like this bonus
chapter was much needed!
anyways,,, i might have one
more bonus chapter to post?
like it's more of an epilogue
but it comes after this??? so
maybe i should've made this
the last chapter and not a bonus
chapter😳i'm sorry i don't think😘
anyways an epilogue will come ur
way. it was actually supposed to be
used as an actual chapter, and i think
i was going to have it be the last chapter,
but i changed my mind last minute.
i'll give more deets cuz i don't want
to spoil it even tho you'll probably
be able to tell what will happen.
anyways i love u all thank u for voting!
my heart goes swoosh when i see notifs
that people r voting on chapters. i hope
ur break was good!! <3