v. let me kiss you

CHAPTER FIVE
[ v. LET ME KISS YOU ]
REAL LIFE | INSTAGRAM

ONE DIRECTION WAS heard playing from Jesse Bolt and Sophia Lillis' room. What was also heard was Jesse belting the lyrics out to 'Kiss You.' Occasionally, Sophia would sing along, but she didn't know the lyrics like Jesse did. Sophia was confused on how Jesse was able to sing while curling her lashes. The redhead held in her laughter as Jaeden came in, starting to record as Jesse put down the eyelash curler. She prepared herself for the outro, pulling out her lipgloss from her makeup bag. "Every time we to-uh-uch, you get this kind of ru-u-sh. Baby say yeah, yeah. If you don't wanna take it slow and you just wanna take me home baby say yeah, yeah and let me kiss you."

          Jaeden stifled a laugh on how invested she was into the song. He turned his phone off and watched as she started to hum to the rhythm of the next song that was playing. It was 'Eventually' by Tame Impala, but Jaeden didn't know that. The girl applied her lipgloss on, shoving it in her tiny backpack –that she was bringing to sneak snacks into the movies– for reapplication once it wore off from the food and maybe even crying, depending on how the movie was.

          Jesse got ready to leave. She slipped her white Vans on and took the candy that was scattered on her bed and put it in her backpack. She scrunched up her hair, giving it some volume and that 'messy but not messy' look. She looked towards the door to see Jaeden staring at her. Blush flooded her cheeks and she looked down as she walked out of the room. Finn's yell was heard by the group of friends. "Losers! The Uber's here, let's go."

          They all came out of their rooms and huddled into the Uber. Jesse silently cursed Finn for not ordering a bigger one, because it was really tight. She was squished in the middle, Jack next to her, and Jaeden on the other side. He watched as she began to play games on her phone, laughing as her Mickey Mouse character got hit by a car in Crossy Road.

• • •

The boys had not told Jesse that the movie they were watching was a horror movie. Jesse hated horror movies. The whole time, she had been clasping onto Jaeden's hand. They were watching some Anabelle movie. Jesse needed to get out of the theater, so she lied and said she needed to go buy more snacks, which was a lie because she didn't want to eat junk, she would want real food. She barely touched the food she brought. Jaeden knew she was lying so he decided to go with her, not wanting her to be lonely. The two walked through their friends and down the steps towards the exit of the theater. His hand was still being tightly held by Jesse's, but it didn't matter to him. It's not like he minded a pretty girl holding his hand.

Once they were out of the theater, Jesse crossed her arms against her chest, and Jaeden's hand felt cold without the comfort of hers. She whined to the boy. "I can't believe you took us to watch the doll movie! I hate demon dolls!" She exclaimed quietly.

Jaeden grinned at the freaked out girl. "It's fine, Jess. It's just a movie. No demon doll is gonna come for you."

"Just a movie?" Jesse scoffed. "In the beginning, they said it was based off true events! True events!" She repeated, trying to put more emphasis on it.

"Don't worry, babe. I'll protect you from the demon doll." Jaeden laughed as blush came upon her face. She didn't know why she was blushing; her and her friends always called each other babe, she was used to it. It was just different with Jaeden. Their friendship wasn't like hers with Sophia. She didn't know how, it was just different.