CHAPTER 7

'Love is not about how many days, weeks or months you've been together.

It's all about how much you love each other every day.'

Time seems to fly! Sartaj and I am flying on the wings of love.

After Sammy's engagement, Mumma gets busy in my wedding shopping. She seems happier after my brother's engagement as my Bhabhi (sister-in-law) talks to Mumma daily. Mumma will get a new company after my marriage. Would she forget me? It's not that I am not happy with this friendly alliance between mother and daughter-in-law. I just feel possessive as I am the youngest child and pampered daughter of my Mumma, after Sania's marriage, I am the only one Mumma asks everything. I am a world to her (I think so) We take every decision together but now I've noticed Mumma saying that she'll not have to disturb me for every little thing as she'll get Savvy, her third daughter who takes all the responsibilities after coming to HER house. 'Samaira, you should be happy that there will be someone after you to take care of your Mumma.

Would I get the same affection from my mother-in-law? 'of course,', I assure myself.

Sartaj loves me a lot, his mother also meets me occasionally and brings gifts for me. But there is something which makes me worried. 'Don't be so negative, Sartaj loves me, matters only!'

'Heart doesn't know what doubt is, heart doesn't know what believe is- heart simply knows trust.'

Mumma's voice breaks my train of thoughts, "What is my angel thinking?" She hugs me and makes me cry as tears were waiting to come out of my big eyes. "I'll miss you, Mumma, how would I live without you?" "My bebu, every girl has to go after marriage. I left my house, your sister left and Savvy will also leave her house and come to her new house. It's a tradition, our culture", Mumma is gently caressing my hair and held me tightly in her arms. We remain sitting there as if will not cherish these moments again.

Sammy will come late from office today so we had supper early in order to pack my dresses in a big suitcase he bought for me. I am missing Daddy a lot today. I'll take a suitcase from the house, my house where I have spent my childhood, my most precious moments; my college days.... missing everything even though I am still here.

"Listen, can I give your room to Sammy after his marriage as yours is the biggest room?' Mumma asks slowly. "Why not, Mumma" I smile, but feel as if my life, my home, my room is slipping away from my hands. I think I am overthinking; it is but natural for every girl to get married and leave house and call someone's house hers.

My thoughts divert to Sartaj. How would Sartaj's house look like? Sammy said that it's a well-furnished bungalow. Would they be excited to welcome me as my family is for Savvy? Why not. It was them who sent proposal....

I fall into deep sleep to dream about my new house!

Sartaj's birthday falls on 18th December and he wants to celebrate his birthday with me in his house but my mother refuses to send me there as a girl is not supposed to go her in-laws' house before marriage. What an insane tradition!

Sartaj decides to celebrate his birthday with me though we are somewhat annoyed with our families, we decide to celebrate to dine out on his birthday at Sevilla, The Claridges. I buy an expensive wrist watch for him and few other gifts along with a cassette of romantic songs of 90's; Angel of mine, Truly, madly, deeply, All my life.... My favorite numbers.... We enjoy a lot! The dinner is secluded gazebo! The scenic place is so romantic that it takes us to another world, our world. After cake cutting and dinner, we remain sitting for sometime and then walk on lighted cobbled path. The most memorable day or I would say one more memorable day!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Readers! If you're enjoying the story, please vote or comment. Thank you!