Ch.6

"What if he's not coming?"

  "What if something happened!? Like- like a car crash? Or he got kidnapped! Oh poor Harry, we should call to make sure,"

Avery paced back and forth in the living room, unable to shut up for the last hour. I swear I had never seen so much stress and worry pour out of someone the way it did her.

Earlier, Harry had called to set a time and give me some detail as to what I should wear.  His exact words being, "something formal, love. But don't pay much worry to it, you'll look great in anything."

I smiled at the thought of his compliment.

"Luna, how are you not freaking out!"

My eyes darted to hers, letting out a slight laugh as I take in how frazzled she looked.

"Aves, he still has about 20 minutes. Will you calm down?"

She ignored what I said and continued on with her silent rampage. I admit I was slightly nervous, what if he didn't show? What if I embarass myself. As much as it pains me to say so, this date has had me in an internal conflict since the day at the laundromat.

The sound of the buzzer caused both our heads to turn, only a high pitch squeal coming from avery's mouth being the difference.

Avery beat me to the door, opening it widely. "Hello handsome-" she greeted, her tone immediately dropping as she comes face to face with Mr. Ludly, the old man who lives beneath us. His pruned face shriveled more, as if it were possible, and he let out a disapproving hmph. "Please darling, in my day a line like that would only get you two dollars richer. I suppose what you say doesnt matter with an outfit like that."

"Mr. Ludly...what can I help you with?" She asked unamused as she looks at me.

I remained seated, laughing as quiet as I could. Snorts leaving my mouth as I attempted to hold my breath, the thought of him comparing avery to a prostitute brought tears to my eyes.

"I seemed to have lost my cat again, have you seen him?"

Avery shook her head confused, "Mr. Ludly you don't have a cat."

"Mm must've lost him on the upper level. Well I'll see to it."

He turned slowly, before Avery stopped him. "Mr. Ludly, you know I'm not a prostitute right?"

He let out a dry laugh, you know the one that all old people acquire at certain age. "Yes, and I have a cat." He chuckled to himself and walked off, leaving Avery offended.

My laugh became abrupt, I couldn't help but clutch my stomach.

Harry appeared at the door behind her, "Hello lovelies."

"Oh what do you know," avery exclaimed and walked hastily toward her room.

I coughed, my fit of laughter causing tears to roll down my reddened cheeks.

Standing up, I wiped under my eyes and walked towards confused Harry.

"She loved me yesterday didn't she?"

I chuckled and nodded, placing my hand on his arm as I try to balance myself.

A small smile crept onto his face as he watched me, waiting patiently for me to collect myself.

After a brief minute, I cleared my throat and brought my eyes to his.

"These are for you," he handed me a small bouquet of sunflowers.

Taking them in hand I awed.

"Harry they're beautiful, thank you," i smiled, planting a kiss to his cheek to show my gratitude.

A slight blush crept up to his cheeks, to which he turned his head down to refrain me from seeing it. I tucked the flowers into a vase and filled it with water before leaving.

"Avery I'm going! I'll be back later- love you!"

Silence filled the room shortly.

"Have fun makin babies!!" She shouts, to which I groan and shut the door before she could say anything else embarrassing.

Harry laughs and leads me to a silver porsche. Opening the door for me, he smiles cheekily and closes the door as I get in.

He follows my actions, turning to me before he starts the car.

"You look very lovely tonight."

I smiled, taking my lower lip between my teeth as I slump in my seat.

                                 ____

"Harry this place, is so amazing."

I was struck with awe as we were seated at a table, 71 stories above ground that over looked all of LA. It was beautiful, and probably more expensive than my whole 24 years of life. I shifted in my seat, adjusting my dress as my eyes darted around to everyone else in the restaurant.

"Harry, I'm not sure I'm prop-"

"You are proper enough love, you look great. Don't worry." He gave me a reassuring smile and nodded before turning his attention to the waiter that appeared.

I turned my attention to the window, admiring how easy on the eye LA was at night. Everything lit up, like christmas in june, and it brought a sense of calmness to my heart.

"Dom pérignon?"

I looked at the waiter standing before us, my brows drawing to a pinch.

"Who's that? Is he a friend?" I query, leaning towards Harry. A crooked smile made its way to his lips, his index finger tapping so lightly against his mouth as if to refrain laughter. Before he could say anything the waiter spoke.

"No- miss. Dom pérignon- champagne." He nudged the bottle in his hands forward for me to see.

I felt my face become heated, how could I redeem myself from that.

I scoffed and laughed nervously. "I knew that, I was just pullin your leg. Of course I would love some Dom pellican."

Nailed it.

The waiter looked displeased and poured the champagne in my glass.

"I will be back to take your order."

Harry thanked him, as he hurriedly made away from our table.

I took the glass between both hands, cupping it as if it were a mug, and sipping it. The sweet alcoholic beverage calming my nerves. I glanced at Harry, who's eyes had already been fixed on me. 

Once again I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What?"

All he did was smile amd sit back in his chair. His lips curving in the strangest, yet most attractive way. His top teeth slightly grazing his lower lip as he brings his glass to his mouth.

I mimicked his actions, staring back at him. My arms crossed to match my legs, my face rested without emotion.

His smile faltered into a smirk, making his dimple prominent.

I wonder what he's thinking.

He pinched his lower lip between his finger and his thumb, a habit I've noticed he does a lot.

He was such a prepossessing man. Everything about him screamed sexual, and I won't lie, my legs are crossed for good reason.

The tension filled the air, but I wasn't complaining.