Ch. 10

I spent the next few hours of the morning teaching nine year olds how to sand surf, it wasn't my favorite lesson to teach but it was more enjoyable to work with the specific age group. Normally, I would be preoccupied with each child talking at once, but today they seemed calm, and my mind wandered off into sweet remembrance.

Harry took over my subconscious almost infectiously, and I couldn't help the small smile planting itself onto my face. The thought of him touching me; And not just in a sexual means. The way he spoke to and of people or his career. The conceptualization of him became so vivid it felt as though he were beside me, and it gave me goosebumps.

"Luna," I felt a small hand tug on my wetsuit pulling me out of my trance. I looked down to meet with a pair of giant green eyes.

I smiled, "yes Flynn?"

"I think we did pretty good on standing up."

"Oh you think so? Can you guys show me?"

He nodded as he fiddled with his hands and ran to his board. As if on cue, the line of kids laid on their stomach and snaked their way up to a standing position.

"Well, you're all practically professionals now, you don't need me." I smiled as they all shared their childish laugh, yelling no as I began to walk away.

I laughed and sauntered over to help a few correct their stance.

"Luna could you help me, please."  I made my round back to Flynn, who looked almost perfect on his stance- for a nine year old. I crouched down and helped him position his feet a little better. A boyish grin appeared causing me to chuckle. "What're you smiling about?"

"Nothing- you're just really pretty." I smiled at the boys sincerity. Of any student I've had, Flynn had been one of my favorites. He was kind and quite determined to be the best at anything he wanted. He was very charming and it only made me love him more.

"Thank you Flynn, but I could never amount to someone as handsome as yourself."  I responded which only made him blush and giggle.

"Is it me, or have I just gained competition?"

I turned around to see Harry standing before me and the children. I smiled and stood up, taking in what he held in his hands; I dont think I've ever seen Harry empty handed.

"For you," he said as he handed me a small set of daisies, to which I blushed and thanked him.

"You're early?" I stated, more or less in a questioned tone. He nodded and pressed his lips thin.

"Meeting was cut short, figured I could squeeze in more time with you." He flashed a sweet smile and lookes down at me. 

"I thought lunch was on me?" I said confused.

He shrugged, "I wouldn't let you buy lunch even if you wanted too."

I muttered disagreement, not entirely keen on the thought of Harrys word and kissed his cheek, afraid to do anything else while the youth was present.

"A-hem," a small cough sounded from behind us. Flynn was the voice but all small eyes were on us. I swear these kids couldn't have looked more sassy in their fruit fly of a life.

"Mm, guys, this is my- good friend, Harry. Harry these are my surfer dudes."

Harry smiled and greeted them each individually. The girls shyly said their hellos and the boys all gave him a wave, except for Flynn, who didn't seem too pleased with the presence of Harry. He turned his nose up and walked past him like he wasn't there, then planted himself right beside me.