Ch. 25

"Where's Harry?"

My attention snapped to the door that Avery had so subtly thrown open, frantically looking around.

I drew my brows to a pinch, shoving a chip into my mouth. "Aves, what're yo-"

"Where's Harry!" Its official...she'd lost a bolt. I could practically see her head unscrewing right off of her neck.

"He left this morning, right after you did, he works too you know," I exclaimed.

She groaned, tossing her head back. I wasn't entirely phased by her turbulant actions, mostly because she's done it ever since I met her; and well, Harry was usually the reason behind them.

Although it is different now considering the obvious.

"Why do you need Harry?"

She shot a demeaning look my way, probably fed up with the fact I was never up to date when it came to him.

"Luna, It's exhausting having to keep you updated on whats going on."

Yep.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, dusting the crumbs off of my lap and walking to the kitchen. Avery followed suit, tapping aggressively on her phone.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work?"

She shushed me and set her phone down. "Look."

I chuckled and looked down, her screen filled with a countdown for Harry's new song. I forgot that was today.

A soft smile made its way to my face, "what's the issue exactly?"

She huffed, "I don't want to wait anymore!" Thats why she was so exasperated, she was impatient.

"Avery, you've waited this long, what's the harm in a couple more minutes?"

Clearly I was pushing the wrong buttons, she was taking it hard. Sometimes I forget patience is a non-existent word in her fantasy dictionary.

"I think you should relax, it's just a song," I said, purely out of getting her to calm down and not, in any way, discredit his accomplishments. Really, I am beyond ecstatic for Harry to finally release everything.

From what I've gained, He's worked so hard to get to where he is, and I'd give a leg and an arm just to see him be successful.

"What if the song is about you?"

My attention snapped to her, those words igniting a spark of curiousity inside me.

I scoffed, "No, thats a little crazy."

"Think about it! Its called adore you, everything is being released literally months after you met."

Normally, I'm not one to jump on to the train of conclusions, but dammit I couldn't help it.

Avery plopped down beside me setting her phone between us. "See, now you're intrigued. And now you can be impatient with me because for all we know this song really could be about you."

I rolled my eyes, but she was right. It was a heart racing thought, and all I wanted to do was call Harry to confirm.

How do I feel about it though. It was quite exhilarating, but did I really want to be the lyrical reasoning behind someones favorite melody? Was I ready for that kind of emotional confrontation?

"It's playing, it's playing!" Avery smacked my arm, pulling me out of my self-deprecation.

I sat back, listening intently. We had both become tense, staying as quiet as possible.