Ch. 7

What started out as a comfortable, thought provoking silence, turned into a game.

A competition if you will.

Not a word was spoken, but every attempt to make the other talk was out on the table.

I may have encouraged the childish behavior, but only slightly.

Its only a suggestive idea if you text quiet game, loser buys lunch.

I sat confidently, scooping alfredo noodles into my mouth. He did the same, making as much noise as possible whilst doing so. I concealed a giggle, bringing my champagne glass to my lips and taking a big drink.

My eyes darted from one table to the next, then to him. Elbows rested on the table and my hands cupping my face. I smiled, pursing my lips together and spitting champagne towards him, to which he scooted back and looked at me wide eyed.

I couldnt contain my laughter but I had to if I didnt want to choke.

Holding my hand to my mouth, I watched as he gulped his champagne. I held my napkin up as a shield, peering over it just as he spit back. Puffs of air shot through my nose as i spit at him again.

Both of us were in quiet hysterics, eager to defeat the other. He continued to project the drink at me, causing me to crawl under the table for protection, towards him. I brought myself up between him and the table, smiling as the champagne dribbled down my chin. He quickly got up from his seat and moved to mine.

I did what I could to keep a straight face, and ate his plate of food. We were now back to square one, the eye contact intensified.

"Can I get you guys anything for the table?"

The waiter stood there, watching as me and Harry kept eyes locked. Harry slowly shook his head, signaling the waiter to move on. We continued to eat peacefully. The sound of our forks scratching the fine china and other people talking amongst themselves.

I was starting to get restless. I needed him to talk to me or I was going to go insane, but whats the fun if I'm not winning free lunch?

I took a bite of my food, then paused holding my throat.

Slight coughs left my mouth, my attention to Harry as I pat my chest. A Waiter hurried over only to be denied. Worry etched on the waiters face, he walked away regardless.

I continued to put up a struggle then brought my head down. Now the only sound was him eating, and sipping his drink.

I sighed.

"Dammit, fine you win."

A cheeky smile spread across his face. "I've had my experience in keeping quiet."

He winked and continued to eat his food, causing me to roll my eyes and stab my plate of food stubbornly.

"That was excruciating," I exclaim, creating laughter between us.

____

"So- you," Harry struggled to form a sentence as he laughed at me.

"You threw up and peed yourself, and had to take sedatives because you were distressed over your parents reaction, and they-" he let out a bellowing laugh and clutched his side.

"All they did was laugh at you?"

"Yes! You promised you wouldn't laugh!"

I couldn't help but chuckle slightly as i shoved him away. We were walking along the beach side, sharing facts and stories, mine clearly being more embarrassing than his.