Day 3

Lisa

"Babe, I brought some meds for you.." Irene is sick today so it is my duty to take care of her, just like the old times. Even though the thought of it being just a memory stings my heart, it still makes me happy. I seriously miss that time we were still very in love with each other..

I sat down beside Irene and changed the cloth on her forehead. Last night, she sneaked out and probably thought I wouldn't notice. She came back about an hour after and is completely drunk. I wonder what happened.. maybe it's because she had a fight with her affair?

I sighed softly and brushed her cheek using my thumb, it's flushed red because Irene has a really pale skin. She's also coughing and she seems to be having a runny nose. Jennie dropped by earlier today. She asked me if we could go out but I said no since I still have to take care of Irene. She'll comeback later though because she said she'll buy some fruits.

"My sweet Joohyun.. why do we have to end this way? Our love was so strong.. so sweet.. so perfect" I didn't even notice it but my tears slowly rolled down my cheek and suddenly I am sobbing. I couldn't stop my tears. I tried crying silently so that I wouldn't wake Irene up. "What happened to us.. I gave you everything– was it too much? or was I just never enough for you.."

I continued to stare at her until I hear her soft mumbles. "I.."

"Irene?" I checked if she's awake but she isn't. She have her eyes closed but her forehead is creased, she is frowning.

"I.. love.. you.." I held my breath as I await for her following words. She's unconcious but she's saying these things.. is she saying it to me?

Suddenly, her eyes open abit and it found me. She reached out for me and I instantly leaned in to her touch. Her thumb is softly stroking my cheek, I closed my eyes and rest my cheek against her palm, enjoying the soft touch.

"S.. Seulgi" then suddenly, I woke up from my imagination and was slammed by reality.

"I love you, Seulgi" her voice made her words so soft yet so dangerous. It struck my heart like a dull knife. God, it hurts so damn much..

I pulled away from Irene's touch and covered her with a blanket. I pressed my lips together as I stared at her.

I left the room with a damaged heart, shattered actually.

Jennie

"Hey, guys! How have you all been?"

"Jennie?" I laughed at how wide Chaeng's eyes widened before she wrapped her arms around me. Jisoo stood by the side and cleared her throat making Chaeyoung pull away and kiss her cheek instead.

"Babe, c'mon. I know you missed Jennie too" Jisoo shrugged and later on tackled me into a hug as well. Chaeyoung joined soon enough and later on we're all just laughing.

"When did you comeback.. and are you visiting someone?" Jisoo asked while eyeing the fruit basket I am holding.

"Not long ago actually.. and I am visiting Lisa. Will be giving this to her girlfriend since she's sick. We're supposed to hangout today but yeah.. girlfriend duties I guess" I shrugged at them and smiled. Their faces changed when I mentioned Lisa, seeming like they are awkward? Uncomfortable?

"Uhm.. is Lisa okay?" Chaeyoung asked. I creased my brows and let out a soft chuckle.

"Of course, it's Irene who is sick not Lisa, guys."

"No.. no, like is she okay? Emotionally? We thought Irene and her already broke up so we are.. a little confused right now"

"What do you mean?"

"Jisoo and I went to the mall last.. week I believe. And we saw Irene with another woman. I mean, there's nothing really wrong at first, they're being cozy with each other though and then they kissed after. Multiple times too so we thought that they already broke up and now Irene has a new girlfriend" my mouth hanged open a little at the information. It can't be true that they already broke up.. Yesterday– I saw how close they were yesterday.

"Do you guys have a proof?" They both nodded and showed me a picture, it wasn't that clear but it is obviously Irene.

"I have to go"

Lisa

I have just finished feeding Irene a porridge and now she's back to sleep. Her fever has lowered a little but I don't think she is still good, I probably should come by her office tomorrow to excuse her.

Suddenly, there's a knocking on the door. I opened it and was greeted by an expressionless looking Jennie.

"Lisa.." she threw her arms around me and buried her face on my chest. I hugged her instantly, running my hand up and down her back to comfort her as my brows furrowed in confusion. Her tears began to soak my shirt and her shoulders shake a little from crying.

"Why does this have to happen to you? I let you go thinking that she will take care of you well but this happened?" I pulled Jennie away from me and cupped her cheeks, wiping her tears away.

"What are you even talking about?" I already know what's gonna happen but I pretended not to know.

"Lisa, Irene is cheating on you" Jennie held my arms and stared at me. "I.. I have a proof.. see?"

I looked at the picture she is showing me right now and sighed, looking away from her. I turned my back at Jennie and shook my head a little.

"Are you not angry? Lisa, she's having an aff– wait.. you know it don't you?"

"I do."

"You know she's cheating on you bur you decided to say nothing?! Lisa, I– why?"

"Because I love her, Jennie.. she broke up with me but we have a deal that for fourteen days, we pretend that we are still together.." I felt her approach me. Jennie held my shoulders and made me look at her while she is frowning, confused.

"Why are you doing this, Lisa..? It's making you look.."

"Desperate? Pathetic? I know, nini.. But what can I do? I love Irene. And just for two weeks, I want to feel her love again.. Now tell me, is it wrong?" She sighed loudly and hugged me from behind, too tight that I could feel her emotions making me weaken and threatening to make me cry too.

"Whatever makes you happy, Lili.."