Day 8

Lisa

"My dearest daughter, Lisa!" Yup. Irene's parents treats me like I am their kid as well which makes me happy of course. Irene and I decided to take a week off from work. I am actually surprised she agreed, for all I know, Seulgi and her are workmates.. but anyway, maybe she is doing this because she feels bad for what she has done to me. I don't mind though. I am on my last week with Irene and I should do everything to make it all worth it.

"Mom! I missed you so much! Dad!" I hugged Irene's mom and excitedly hugged her dad as well. Her dad is truly the best man in the whole damn world. I feel really happy and satisfied about all of these. To be able to see Irene's family for the last time..

"Hey, Dad.. Mom" Irene smiled and hugged them as well before we all went inside. Their family is luxurious so the whole house is big and spacious. It's not a mansion type but a big modern house with a big swimming pool and a huge backyard.

The thing about Irene's family that I love the most is that how accepting they are. They accepted me wholeheartedly when Irene and I announced our relationship. They embraced me in their family and I will forever be thankful of it. I hope they do the same thing to Seulgi.. God I hate that woman.

But Irene is happy with her.. and I know Irene would want her family to accept Seulgi too like how they accepted me. I swallowed my saliva at the thought that soon, once I am out of the scene, it will be Seulgi and Irene that will be doing all of these with her family.

I feel jealous. So jealous.. I envy her alot. I always think about what she has that I don't that made Irene love her more than she did to me.

I gave Irene everything.. my heart, my soul– everything. So for her to leave me, break up with me because of that woman, she must have given Irene what I couldn't.

"Lisa, you okay?" I went back into reality and flashed a wide smile at Mommy Bae, nodding my head.

"Yes, Mom! Of course. The food you cooked is really just amazing that I forgot where I am for a moment" I winked at her before laughing. We talked about alot of stuffs until Daddy Bae cleared his throat.

"Lisa, we will be travelling all over the world next month and we are hoping you will be coming with us. Joohyun already agreed but she said we should ask you since your schedule might have a conflict or something.." I glanced at Irene before flashing an apologetic smile at them.

"Ahh.. I don't think I can. I am actually booked next month.. so finding a free time would be hard" They seemed to feel sad about it that I felt bad for lying. I'm sorry, Mom.. Dad.. as much as I want to, I don't think I should. Your daughter and I are over by that time period.

"We can reschedule it? We really want you to come with us, Lisa"

"Oh, dad, it's alright! I'm fine.. uhm besides it's a family outing. You guys should just go on without me"

"But Lisa, you are part of the family already" I bit the inside of my cheek. How will I be able to leave this family if they are like this? I sighed softly and flashed a fake smile, waving my hand abit.

"Mom, it's really okay! Maybe next time? When Irene and I decided to take our relationship into the next level..?" I tried to cheer them up by bring this up, smiling at them. Irene, who is beside me, placed her hand on my knee as if warning me. I gulped down and focused my eyes on her parents instead.

"Oh! Oh! I hope that's soon already! I can't wait to see you two get married!"

I can't wait too, Mom..

But we will be waiting for nothing because that won't ever happen.

Irene wouldn't wanna marry me.

"You okay, kiddo?" Daddy Bae sat down beside me. Currently, we are in the backyard. Irene and her mom are inside, catching up and baking cake.. or was it cupcakes? I honestly forgot.

"Yeah, Dad.." I lied.

"You know, you can open up to me. I may not be your dad by blood but I still am your dad, you know that" I smiled and bit my lips as they tremble, my tears began falling out of my eyes. I threw my arms around Daddy Bae and cried my hearts out on him.

"N-nothing is wrong, Dad. I just.. I just missed you guys. Mom.. you. I'll miss you two alot too" I sniffled and cried more at the thought that I might never even see them again. It's hard to let people out of your life specially if you are attached to them. But I have no choice. I have to forget everything about Irene Bae soon and this includes her family too..

"Aish.. this kid. Alright, just cry" He patted my back softly and soon, I relaxed. I stopped crying already but still have my arms around him. "You know, I really hope you end up with my daughter. Stay together for long. Get married, have kids, and grow old together. You are a great woman, Lisa. And I would truly be happy to know that my daughter, my only daughter is going to end up with someone like you"

I couldn't help but cry more. I can't lie to them. I can't lie to her parents so I didn't answer him and simply kept my mouth shut while I let my tears fall.

"Promise me one thing, Lisa?" I pulled away from Daddy Bae and looked at him. "Make Joohyun happy all the time"

I looked down for a moment and chuckled lightly.

"Of course, Dad, I promise" which is why, I am letting her go.. just few more days, Dad.

She will finally be happy.

Irene

Before we left the house, Lisa hugged my parents tightly as if she doesn't wanna let them go anymore. The sight actually broke my heart.

I know why she is acting like this. And the mere thought of it is actually scaring me already.

"It'd be hard to bring our break up to them" Lisa started. I kept silent and simply held her hand, placing it on my lap while she uses her other hand to drive.

Silence vibrated through the car until I decided to break it. "So.. next step huh?"

Now she's silent. I stared at Lisa and the squeezed her hand. "What about it?"

"You wanna marry me?" Stupid question, Irene. Stupid and yet I badly long to know her answer. I don't even know why I wanna know it.

"I do. Of course, I do. You know how much I love you"

I played with Lisa's fingers before sighing, placing her hand on my cheek as I then look at her. "Me too"

I don't know why I said that but it is what my heart wants to say. That I, too, want to marry Lisa.

That night, we simply held each other. I fell asleep in Lisa's secured arms.

Only one thing I have in mind before I closed my eyes.

Lisa..